Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Photographer interested and excited by creative dog grooming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photographer interested and excited by creative dog grooming!

Dear groomers,

A couple of months ago I accidentally came across some photos from a creative dog grooming contest on the internet.
    It immediately got my attention. I never have seen this before, and it really excites me!
    So, of course I went researching and still I'm completely fascinated about this kind of art.

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Mariska, I'm a young photographer from the Netherlands.
    I've got my bachelor in design as a documentary photographer. Researching all kinds of sub-cultural subjects are my area of expertise.
    I'm a curious person, especially in the unknown.

I found that of all the countries in the world America has the biggest creative dog grooming industry.
    After seeing all the photos from the contests over the years, it shows that the artists are of the highest level.
    Now here comes my question. I was wondering if it is possible to get in contact with someone who knows his/her way around in the creative dog grooming scene.
    Maybe an artist, a judge or someone from the organisation of creative dog grooming contests.
    My biggest wish this moment is to visit a contest, meet artists and see the groomed dogs with my own eyes.
    I would love to photograph the dogs, the artists and combine my creative photography with their talent.

My ambitieus plan is to visit the Groom Expo, but it's hard to get in contact with someone on the other side of the world.
    I've got this plan in my head, and it feels like I need to do this. Because I feel how much this excites me.
    I hope there is someone out there, who can help me on my way?!

Kind regards,
    Mariska

www.klippers.com is Dawn Omboy who was an early pioneer in creative grooming and now judges too. Groom Expo would be great for you, they have a BIG creative competition there.

Comment

Originally posted by blingwithfur View Post
      www.klippers.com is Dawn Omboy who was an early pioneer in creative grooming and now judges too. Groom Expo would be great for you, they have a BIG creative competition there.
      Thanks for your comment! The klippers.com website doesnt work!? Yes, I read allot about Groom Expo, and really hope someone can be my guide, and can welcome me there!

Comment

Klippers.com has probably been replaced with www.queenofcolor.net
        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Working...
        X