The Ultimate Pet Spending Household?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Ultimate Pet Spending Household?

I don't know where he gets his data from, but his conclusions mostly match up with my experience as a house call cat groomer.

For me, the under 30's may as well not exist. I groom their cats occasionally, but they move often and have less income than older people so it tends to be a one-time visit. They tend to view my visits as an entertaining spectacle, complete with Instagram opportunities

If I do groom their cat, often it's the parent or an older boyfriend who is paying for the grooming, ha ha.

For house call it helps if owners live in a place that is roomy, clean and quiet. Many people under 30 don't have that kind of living situation, especially in NYC where apartments can be really small and dark.

I have few repeat clients over 70. They aren't comfortable paying the rate that I need to charge in order to run a viable house call business. They generally don't believe that their cats need grooming anyway.

My best clients are in their late 30's up to 60 years of age and have purchased their apartment. Their life is stable. They have outside work or are busy home-makers.

What about you? What are your client demographics?

http://www.petbusinessprofessor.com/...ehold-andmore/

As a mobile dog groomer in Escondido CA my best client is active retired or working part time with a good pension between 50 and 80. Owning a house or renting an apartment.They do not want their 20 pound or less dog in a grooming shop for more than a hour so they appreciate mobile grooming and are will to pay my fees. Their lives are stable up to 80. Over 80 health issues take over.

Comment

I am not mobile or housecall but have a shop but I am booked all the time working hours convenient to commuters so most customers are 30's to 50's and stay forever with me. No one else opens before 8 or stays past 5 so we do and I am always booked with working people.

Comment

Interesting point about how over-80 health issues take over. I had just one client who was over 80 -- she was mobile and doing decently, except for hearing loss which made it harder to talk with her. We wound up getting into a silly argument because she couldn't hear what I said and assumed I'd said something else.

Originally posted by poodlecsigreen View Post
        As a mobile dog groomer in Escondido CA my best client is active retired or working part time with a good pension between 50 and 80. Owning a house or renting an apartment.They do not want their 20 pound or less dog in a grooming shop for more than a hour so they appreciate mobile grooming and are will to pay my fees. Their lives are stable up to 80. Over 80 health issues take over.

Comment

Sounds like a smart idea for a hard-working person! Do you have groomers who work in shifts, or do you take a siesta in mid-day

Originally posted by blingwithfur View Post
          I am not mobile or housecall but have a shop but I am booked all the time working hours convenient to commuters so most customers are 30's to 50's and stay forever with me. No one else opens before 8 or stays past 5 so we do and I am always booked with working people.

Comment

Working...
          X