Added a new family member

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Added a new family member

It seems that there is a big sign over my head that says, " give me your tired, your older dogs; the dogs you no longer can accommodate or afford ; those that you need to rehome"....
    I have a new family member. One of my weekly clients for the last 4 years decided 3 weeks ago that they can no longer manage the teacup yorkie they spent a small fortune to purchase and care for these past years. The little thing lived in their house condo during this time, except when it came to stay with me when they traveled to see family in South America, Europe, and throughout the US. Recently the little 4 1/2 pound 4 1/2-year-old little girl started peeing and pooping throughout the condo. The residence was filled with antiques and authentic Persian rugs. The final blow was when they went out for brunch and came back and stepped in a pile of poop that she had left by the front door. (in their defense – and they are sweet and kind and loving people – they are also dealing with personal health issues, family health issues, and the severe decline of the Venezuelan economy in their defense – and they are sweet and kind and loving people – they are also dealing with personal health issues, family health issues, and the severe decline of the Venezuelan economy .).
    The owners contacted me at home to ask if I knew where they could rehome the dog. Obviously I couldn't allow them to give her up to a shelter or to a total stranger. So she is here with me and my Rehomed, owner give it up 11-year-old Chihuahua. It's been an absolutely perfect situation. We have an acre in the backyard and except for one day where we had torrential rain for nearly 36 hours there has been not a single accident in the house. She and my Chihuahua are wonderful watchdogs for my 92-year-old, mostly blind, deaf , Dementia parent. Everything works out for the best. What is it saying? You never get the dog you want, you get the dog you need.

How wonderful of you to provide loving home for that yorkie. I am not going to judge his past owners but I am glad they contacted you before dropping him off at the shelter, and you had a place in your heart and your home for him.

Comment

Thank you Honey you made the world a little better place, we all count. Love to you girl.

Comment

How sweet, lucky Yorkie!

Comment

Working...
        X