Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you use Twitter for advertising? (and other stuff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you use Twitter for advertising? (and other stuff)

Update: Almost looks like hubby will opt for credit cards if I can get things set up! We have to do something - lost 25 regular customers since July - half to the new groomer, other half moved or passed. Looking at our clients, I see at least 10 dogs that won't make it through the year. Again, sure wish people would truthfully tell us why they're going elsewhere. I always think we screwed something up if they've been coming here for many years with no complaints and all of a sudden disappear! Because we're not booked as far out as we used to be, here's another puzzle - Why do out of state one time grooming customers (i.e. tourists) always rave over the grooms and give big tips?? And locals don't??? Boarding is up a bit (because now we're the cheapest in the area), but grooming is down. Lots of older customers that have lost their dogs are not replacing them. Yes, dogs are a luxury and for some, the money to care for them just isn't there.

Looking for new forms of advertising. Not sure we should keep the yellow pages ad - we obviously have a website and FB presence. Does twitter help at all? Between both jobs and now, taking care of my sick, elderly dogs, I have a limited amount of time to spend on advertising. Another time sucker: we're having the old bathroom at the house completely remodeled because it literally rotted from underneath. Couldn't use it anymore - good thing we put the new addition on or we wouldn't have a bathroom!

I tried Google ads, which didn't result in more than a couple of phone calls.
    Is your business listed on Yelp?
    The reviews on Yelp bring visits to my website. Those website visits sometimes result in new clients. Yelp can be a powerful force -- for both good and bad. I hate it because I've seen reviewers be brutally unfair and nasty to small businesses, but I have to admit people do trust Yelp and positive reviews can lead to new clients.
    I imagine that no one under 60 uses the telephone book to look for services.
    Did you tidy up your website? I remember looking at it a while ago. The variety of colors and font sizes did not appeal to my taste. Could be just me, but I think that your website may not be helping you, and could be hurting you.
    Good luck!

Comment

I've looked at your website before and think it's changed. But I have to say it's busy. I would put key stuff out, and the wordy stuff on another page. If they want to read more they can, if not, they have basic info.

Get rid of your discount! Keep it for your old ones, don't offer it on the new ones.

Get rid of the yellow pages ad. Nobody uses the phone book anymore. Even my old fashioned husband has given up on it.

Yay! for hubs agreeing to credit cards. See how it goes with that first and then go from there would be my suggestion.

Comment

Check your options on cc. I use square and it only charges me when I use it. I've only got a handful of Clients that use cards so the monthly fee of having traditional cc services was actually costing me $. I use fb for most of my advertising also there is a local site in my town that businesses can blog on. I make sure to pay on it everyone in a awhile. I'd you Google mobile grooming with my zip code I was the first 3 recommendations (other then paid ads) that come up. Haven't checked lately. This month I'm running a pay it forward special where every dog or cat I groom, a shelter dog or cat gets a grooming. Gets your name out and shows you are willing to help. I also boost a few posts on fb it has helped get my name out to mow people then those who like my page by atleast double. I've also gotten Clients from it so it's paid for the boost. I understand where your coming from 15 yrs in business here and I've lost clients and they're pets over the years to old age. Good luck I hope you find a way that works for you guys

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nope to Twitter adverts. The number one source for me is not FB or Twitter but getting your WEBSITE listed for optimal searches on Google, Yahoo etc. I paid someone a few years ago to make sure of it and it has worked great.

Comment

Agree. The website is the brick foundation.

Originally posted by absolutebichon View Post
            Nope to Twitter adverts. The number one source for me is not FB or Twitter but getting your WEBSITE listed for optimal searches on Google, Yahoo etc. I paid someone a few years ago to make sure of it and it has worked great.

Comment

I contacted local vets without grooming that I may not already know and get lots of business from them.

Comment

I know nothing about using twitter for advertising, just cannot see it for grooming still.

Comment

Working...
                X