Prevention of nicking dogs tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prevention of nicking dogs tips?

Hi everyone i was wondering if you all had any tips on not nicking the thin skin between the legs with clippers. Is there some kind of technique to prevent this?

It mat sound simplistic but the best technique is a light touch, good lighting , and not running the clippers long the edge. i trest that area like an ear - slowly, always facaing my clipper towards the outer edge and always knowing where the skin starts and the fur ends

Comment

Do you mean like armpits and tuck up areas? Use #10 blade, very lightly (never use #7), never use blade perpendicular to the fold/tuck up, always be mindful of where your blade is and position it in the way so these in cannot get between the teeth of the blade and get nicked.

Comment

Originally posted by Groomerdoglover View Post
        Hi everyone i was wondering if you all had any tips on not nicking the thin skin between the legs with clippers. Is there some kind of technique to prevent this?
        I've never nicked it just being focused and careful

Comment

Honey and ABDG are right, the angle is so important and keeping the dog steady. How are you holding it?

Comment

Great advise, also make sure you are holding the leg in such a way that the skin is as flat as possible. If you can, ask another groomer to show you and watch carefully. It may be easier to understand if you watch someone.

Comment

All good answers and finally just remember too that clippers and blades especially not in good work order only increase the chances too.

Comment

Yes to everything above! Also always use a follow through motion when clipping in these areas.

Comment

Working...
                X