Where are big dogs kept

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where are big dogs kept

Where does a shop or a box store keep big dogs when they are drying, waiting, etc. I always see banks of cages for small dogs with maybe one or two on the bottom for larger dogs but I never see how big dogs are held.

When I worked at PetSomething, we had three big cages on the bottom of the cage banks, and if we had more bog dogs in, they would be tethered in the grooming area or by the cages.

Comment

We have some oversize cages, including some really expensive agricultural type ones the big dogs love, and 2 big dogs can be in one actually. We also have a couple large spaces made with walls we can put them in like a small suite.

Comment

I work in corporate, and we have pretty standard vet-type kennel banks in sets of four (two on the top, two on the bottom.) The regular kennel can fit a lab or border collie-sized dog in the bottom kennel (well, they fit in the top too, but nobody wants to lift them there), but they have dividers that can split them if we happen to have Berners for the day.

Comment

We have a large dog run that can actually hold 2 or 3, and some large cages at the bottom of our Clark and Snyder cage banks, but the latter only holds 1 large dog each.

Comment

Kennel space for big dogs books up fast, so we make sure the clients know to pick them up promptly if we are full. Large dogs in bottom cages, there is a divider we can take out to give them the space of 2 kennels. Extra large dogs like Newfs are booked differently and kept tethered to the wall in the salon. They are dried as much as possible with HV, then sometimes we put the stand dryer and/or a fan on them while supervised in the salon. We also have an extra large cage that folds up just in case.

Comment

Ha, I just remembered, at the grooming school we sometimes kept big dogs in the bathroom. All the students would just be told to be aware. I remember one time some maintenance workers did some work and one needed to use the restroom. He came out, "Um, there is a dog in the bathroom!"

Comment

At my Corp salon, the lower cages had removable dividers so most large dogs could fit in there. For especially large or tall dogs, we had a corral that they could stay in. It usually worked unless the dog figured out that they could move the pen just by leaning on it.

At my new place, I have a whole room I can put a dog in. They stay at daycare until I'm ready then stay in the room until their parents come by. I can keep several dogs in there since they all have to pass a behavioral interview. Salon only dogs stay in a crate separate from the daycare dogs.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 3X6 room I can keep a big dog in, or a family of big dogs (if they get along), and my 2 kennel banks have removable dividers. I also have a extra large kennel.

Comment

Working...
                  X