Problem bosses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem bosses

I have been working for a lady who is also a groomer for a couple months now. She has a hot temper and takes advantage of me. For example, I will bathe and dry a dog do that I can then groom it and then she will take it from me. I then, do not get paid at all. I don't come to work to groom only to do free charity work for her. Then she will short me on my paycheck and not give me my tips or pay me for some of the dogs that I've done. Has this ever happened to any one you? I also do all kinds of free cleaning and errands for her. Every boss I have had in this area has taken advantage of me in some way and it's driving me crazy. Very frustrated and thinking about quitting all together.

(Admin: We have suggested searching legal aid to this unfortunate member. Please remember we do not identify employers here.)

I, personally, would have a frank discussion with your boss. If this is accurate, she is essentially stealing from you. I'd be looking for a new job if at all possible, OP. This sort of behavior is just not acceptable in a manager.

Comment

Thank you, one big problem is that she gets so easily offended. how do I talk to her without her getting offended?

Comment

Originally posted by Groomerdoglover View Post
        Thank you, one big problem is that she gets so easily offended. how do I talk to her without her getting offended?
        It could be her strategy, and if so to subjugate you from asking. If so, you need to start with a question before dealing with the issue. It might help. "Are you aware that I feel as if I cannot approach you with a problem of my employment here?" Tell the truth. See if she will listen as a result. If she won't listen you need to get outside assistance and you need to find another employer now or eventually. Most employers are not like this, and if you cannot fine one perhaps a corp job in the meantime is best.

Comment

Originally posted by Groomerdoglover View Post
          She will get offended if you confront her. She doesn't respect you. If you want her respect, tell her you QUIT because she's ripping you off and you deserve to get paid for your work.

You seem like a very non-confrontational/no drama type of person and that's fine, but if you don't stand up to her, things won't change.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

There are a lot of bad bosses, but this one sounds like she is breaking the law so she is more than a bad boss. If it were me, I would probably take a break from working in a salon. I bet you're feeling burnt out.
            I'd do house calls, groom from home, or see if any local mobile grooming services need a groomer, at least for a while. Good luck.

Comment

Why oh why are you still working there ???? Quit immediately and if you have to, flip burgers until you find another grooming job. You will make more flipping those burgers than you are now. If you don't leave, document every dog with photos and written documentation on what you did on each dog.....then have her sign each record.........if it continues, go to an attorney.

Happy walking out

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

You definitely need to move on. I doubt this person will change.

Comment

I agree with the others. Time to move on, but remember, no one can take advantage of you if you don't let them.
                  Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Yes my dear it is time to find employment elsewhere. Being hard to approach is one thing, but a boss stealing from their employee is completely wrong.

Comment

Agree with all the sage advice given to you thusfar. If you continue to work there, I would definitely document all your grooms. The sad truth is that this is her business, so she will be running things as she sees fit. If she is truly ignorant of her ways you might get some results from your discussion with her, but if she is a generally dishonest person who takes advantage of others intentionally, then the only thing that will be changing is your place of employment (I hope!). Best of luck.

Comment

Someone like your boss is the real garbage of society. Please move on, you will be a better person for it. Tell her this job is not a good fit for you and GET OUT!
                        Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

There are better bosses out there.

Comment

Working...
                          X