Potty area ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potty area ideas

Any hints on setting up a potty area outside, materials, how to clean etc? Thanks!!!!!

Do you have dirt area or concrete?

Comment

Actually I have both options, thank you.

Comment

We have a relatively large space of astroturf in the front of the store, surrounded by the cement walkway. There are lots of rocks and posts for marking, but some dogs REFUSE the astroturf and we have to walk them to the side of the building where there's actual grass. The astroturf is nice because you can just spray it down once in a while, and it doesn't stain or turn yellow and die or need mowing.

Comment

Agree, we use astroturf but keep some real grass even if you have to get a low plastic like drip oil pan and put sod in it. They love that spot. Must have posts for males.

Comment

I don't know the trade name any more but there was a golden colored sort of like light kitty litter product you put over the soil and it absorbed urine and looked great. Some off leash parks use.

Comment

I would go with the concrete. Dirt can harbor lots of germs, worms, etc, and concrete can be easily disinfected-either with a hose or a mop. You could put a small fence around the area with a plastic fire hydrant filled with sand in the middle. Don't let the pets off leash unless it's totally dog proof.
              Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I know if you put some sod down (a patch is all ) on concrete it helps with those that don't like concrete.

Comment

I have fake turf in the alley right beside my shop. I take bucket of cleansers/ disinfectant and dump abs scrub once week. Daily I spray. There's no grass close to us anywhere

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X