Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much is Too Much to Spend on Grooming?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Much is Too Much to Spend on Grooming?

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/how-much-...25-gmdc1g.html

Victorians are spending $8,000 per year on their pets.

Up to $1,500 of that is on their appearance.

Dr Robert Johnson, President of the Australian Veterinary Association, told Neil Mitchell pets are part of the family.

"You wouldn't begrudge spending $8,000 on family," Dr Johnson said on Monday.

"Pets perform a wonderful service to mankind. They give great comfort to people of all ages."

Neil agreed that no cost is too high for a pet's medical bills, but wasn't convinced about going all out on grooming...........
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

We have a mobile client who spends 465 every 2 weeks which is over $11,000 per year. 6 dogs. They are very wealthy and probably don't even look at the amount like we would.

Comment

Can't people do what they want with their money for their pets?

Comment

Yes it is easy to judge others.

Comment

I hate to admit it that my showing last year including travel, lodging, show fees, parking, groom setup fees, food, products totaled over 12K on 1 dog. People I know think I'm crazy spending weekends driving a dog around showing and winning no money.

Comment

Yet another article pointing out people that spend more than average on pet grooming......

http://www.ntnews.com.au/news/opinio...f0c6117b625062
            Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Comment

I don't see what the point of this article is except to create controversy but actually I do hear people talk this way. Jealous?

Comment

Originally posted by Brit View Post
                Can't people do what they want with their money for their pets?
                Exactly Brit! Their money, their pets - they should be able to do what they want with their own property. And yes, in this country (well maybe except for California), pets are property.
                Whole thing is overly judgmental.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                  I hate to admit it that my showing last year including travel, lodging, show fees, parking, groom setup fees, food, products totaled over 12K on 1 dog. People I know think I'm crazy spending weekends driving a dog around showing and winning no money.
                  Sounds like a lot of fun and a bargain compared some other ways of enjoying life - like boat racing. I wanna check it out some time just to see it go down.

11K is incredible.

We've got 2 couples that spend 6500 and several 3 and 4K clients. I never imaged this in my early analysis of this business.

UD

Comment

Working...
                  X