Cancer and groomers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cancer and groomers?

I was diagnosed with bladder cancer2years ago. I'm now cancer free. Iv wondered however ihaven'tf my career contributed to the development however. Iv been grooming over20years and havent used insecticides in that long. However our shampoos contain fragrances and dyes. Has anyone else experienced an environmental related cancer and if so how do you protect yourself?

Originally posted by Grifferdoo View Post
    I was diagnosed with bladder cancer2years ago. I'm now cancer free. Iv wondered however ihaven'tf my career contributed to the development however. Iv been grooming over20years and havent used insecticides in that long. However our shampoos contain fragrances and dyes. Has anyone else experienced an environmental related cancer and if so how do you protect yourself?
    Environmental related cancers such as you describe would be extremely difficult to isolate. There are too many fragrances and dies in absolutely every product reviews or consume. There are certain types of cancers that have been directly attributed to environmental issues – Asbestos for one. But in our current environment in the world I think we take a risk every day we wake up and go outside. If you are in a region where there is a pocket of cancer related incidents Then the CDC would be able to give you more information.

Comment

You could wear gloves and a mask, use only products that are fragrance and dye-free, and make sure you have good ventilation in your salon.

Comment

Ahh, skin cancer (Basile Cell) thrives in our moist working environment. Have had a deep one removed (required plastic surgery).....have some more that need to be checked. I do run a dehumidifier now.
        My belief is......we all have cancer cells....what brings them out in us? Food, environment, chemicals, ect.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Maintaining a strong immune system is KEY as Cyn said. Everyone today it seems is lacking in Vitamin D and iodine levels, and these 2 are key to the immune system. Lots of GMO products are low to critically low in both. Get tested, and supplement as needed.

Glad you are better OP.

Comment

Could not agree more that D and iodine is essential and eating right. Fast food is junk food. Did you see the picture of a McDonalds hamburger 4 years old, still looks pretty good. In my 6th grade science class our teacher had red meat in a jar and it was gone into yuck in days. Regardless, eat right, be moderate, and do not fall for all the doom and gloom. A zillion pets need you!!! My doctor did give me D and iodine to take, so true.

Comment

Actually today with great organic products even available, it is much easier to be environmentally conscious groomer. It is probably more important about your personal life and what you eat and staying healthy in mind. Glad you are doing well.

Comment

Working...
              X