It was a good run...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was a good run...

Ugh. Back to taking new clients. I've lost several due to moves and deaths, both human and doggie. It took 9 months and taking 25 dogs out of the regular rotation to get me to where I want to be. Which is NOT working 6 days a week.

Now I'm getting the calls. Even though I specifically say on the message if you are price checking please go to the website.

And the one I love. I'm booked until well into February. Oh, well I'll call back in February. If you wait until then, I'll be booked out until March. What?I don't understand.

Ugh. I seriously haven't missed those days.

I feel you. Same, sort of. I'm working insane hours and a lot of six day weeks. Unless it's a recognized regular rebooker calling, I let all calls go to voicemail which I've tried as many ways as I can to have clearly state that I'm booked out, not taking new appointments or clients, blah blah blah. I still end up with 86836648 messages ranging from, "I need to get in today" (people who have never been here and clearly did not listen to the voicemail), to, "I brought my dog in once a year ago, so I'm not a new client..." and as you mentioned, "Ten weeks out? Ok, I'll call/come back then." That's not how it works! That's not how any of this works!

I also get the weird combination of feelings of grief for losing beloved clients and then relief for the little extra breathing room.

I could use help. I just don't want it. (Interested Groomer, if you're reading, I swear it's not personal! I've just decided I like working alone and being committed only to the amount of work I can handle by myself. It's me, not you. Sorry!)

Comment

Same here.....have lost 36 dogs or ppl to cancer or heart attacks in last 11 months. Ppl don't listen to what is on VM, they already have their speech in their head and that is only what they hear. Will really miss good passed away clients, now have more to train.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
        And the one I love. I'm booked until well into February. Oh, well I'll call back in February. If you wait until then, I'll be booked out until March. What?I don't understand.

That's so true and sadly hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
          Ugh. Back to taking new clients. I've lost several due to moves and deaths, both human and doggie. It took 9 months and taking 25 dogs out of the regular rotation to get me to where I want to be. Which is NOT working 6 days a week.

Now I'm getting the calls. Even though I specifically say on the message if you are price checking please go to the website.

Ugh. I seriously haven't missed those days.
          Well maybe you will at least get some great dogs and people!

Comment

I like your attitude Cockrlvr. You should get some new ones easily.

Comment

*calling 2days before week-end* do you have a spot for the week ?
              -no, I can't, I only can purpose you /date/.
              -ok, I'll call back then.
              Next week, again on a Thursday - can come this week?
              - no, I told you when I'm available and I'm not even available for the day I told you before.
              And then you are the one that's mad, because they don't understand when you say a date it means you have a spot available this day not to call back on this day to have a date.

Comment

Yup, people don't get it. Been there, done that numerous times.
                I'm losing more regular customers now because they don't want to book ahead (they used to) anymore. New groomer in town can get them in NOW. Always thought pre-booking was the right way to go, maybe not anymore. These are people that have been customers for many, many years.

Comment

Working...
                X