Groomer with no front tooth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Groomer with no front tooth

I know a good groomer that has gone through some hard times with ill husband and is ready to go back to work. Problem is her smile. She is missing a front tooth and needs a bridge or implant which is $1500 to $4000 range. A temp flipper is $525, and she doesn't have it. Where she would work, and they are hiring, groomers do a lot of the customer service. I doubt if the owner would accept her but what do you think, any creative ideas?

I don't know why, but it's not uncommon among groomers. I've known scores who are missing several teeth with some of those being in front. I wouldn't worry about it. If she is a kind, good groomer, that should be all that matters.

Comment

Suggest she go to an orthodontist instead. I managed an ortho office for years & even if I allow for pricing variables, it's less than $525. Also, the exam should be free. There is a shocking amount of mark up in that price.

Comment

I don't see why it would matter. Now, if she is basically a mess, with dirty hair and clothing or something, that would be different. A neat, clean, pleasant, well-spoken woman who is wearing a professional-looking outfit wouldn't be turned away just because she happened to be missing a few teeth, would she?
        Is there a dental school anywhere in the area? Sometimes they offer discounted work.

Comment

There are dentists that charge around $500 for a flipper but we found a discount dental plan, not insurance, for $250, just as good.

Just maybe your boss for a great groomer would advance that and deduct over 2 or 3 paychecks? I would with good references. Think of it as a signing bonus, but you get it back.

Comment

Have her check and see if there's any kind of medical school/dental school in the nearby area. They're always looking for live patients to work on.

Comment

Why is this even an issue????
              <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I know the woman who taught me would never allow someone to work with customers without a front tooth. I would hesitate too but I would help with a temp solution to hire a good groomer.

Comment

If they turn her down for such a superficial reason, I hope she opens her own business and all their customers decide to go to her salon. Living well is the best revenge

Comment

Probably wouldn't get hired if unless working in the back only.

Comment

I bet corp wouldn't hire you, or am I wrong?

Comment

People love my billy bob teeth.

Comment

If it is an issue for her, many dental offices have payment plans for big procedures. My husband is a dentist and he is a very kindhearted man as well. He has several clients that can't afford to have the big expense work done unless they are on a payment plan. I am sure there is someone in her area that would work with her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Really??? I was born with only 14 permanent teeth, and a very 'overshot' mouth I've had a partial since I was 10. Now, I'm missing a lot of teeth, and my smile is not very good. Fear and money have kept me away from the dentist. In over 40yrs of grooming, my smile hasn't kept anyone away. I do a great grooming job, am kind to the clients-4 legged and 2. I present myself well with a clean, neat smock, make-up, and am well-spoken. My best friends started out as clients. That being said, I've seen more than a few groomers with stringy, dirty hair, ripped smocks, more tats than a sailor, and speaking like they never had an education. Those are the ones I wouldn't want greeting my clients-no matter how well they groomed. It's so hard to find a good groomer, it would be a shame if a missing tooth kept this gal from a job.
                            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

She saw the owner today and owner took her phone number. I did give her your input. She told the owner she would get her tooth repaired really quick. So hopefully it will work out.

Comment

Working...
                              X