Had my first "shaming"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Had my first "shaming"

Got a call yesterday, regular customer (winter visitor) wanted to get her dog groomed this week or early next week. After learning that the earliest available appointment is late next week, she said "I guess, I should not have told so many people about you, now I have to find somebody else!"
    Well, sorry ma'am, but most of my regulars know to book next appointment before they leave, some book several or even for the whole year, and those who don't, know to call two weeks ahead.
    I did not have time to stop and feel bad about it, but it reminded me of the post I read here how the lady shamed the groomer into grooming her dog on Christmas Eve, with similar words.

Glad you're so busy, sorry your client is so impatient and showing such a lack of a sense of humor.
    Not sure about you but I no longer fall for 'grooming emergencies '. Unless the pet was caught in a farmyard full of bull manure (VERY likely this predominately urban area) I don't accept the bull manure shoveled by the owners. The last 'emergency' I agreed to was when one of my regulars called for a very last minute bath and trim cause her son just had the spur of the moment thought to use the dog to invite his date to the prom. ( tied it around pups neck along with tucking a rose into the collar - she accepted). That was a true emergency - not Christmas/ dinner party/ out of town company / leaving for a three week vacation.
    Stick to your guns snd make them plan ahead.

Comment

Yes, I keep telling everyone who is not booking their next appointment to call 2 weeks ahead if they want specific day and time, especially this time of the year (we have big snowbird population increase in winter). Like they say, "lack of planning on your part does not constitute emergency on my part." Here, the emergency would be, they suddenly decided to go back home to Canada or northern States, couple weeks early and want clean dog in their RV. Luckily, most of my customers understand that, and don't expect to be squeezed in the same or next day.

Comment

This is how you train clients to book in advance. Worked for me years ago and weeded out the demanding ones who don't respect your time

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad you are dealing with it fine. Some people. I don't like to lose customers but if it is this type, good riddance.

Comment

Sometimes you just have to shake your head at clients (or ex-clients). I just lost a client today. She was constantly no showing for her appointments, coming in and wanting her dog groomed that day, showing up super late. Finally I enforce my no-show policy and started to require her to pay a $30 pre-booking fee that she had to pay before she booked an appointment. If she showed up, it went towards her groom, if she didn't she lost it. She paid it once and showed up, she paid it once and arrived a full half hour late for her appointment, so clearly hadn't learned her lesson yet, so when she called today to book an appt and I asked if she wanted to pay the 30 over the phone or come in to pay it she said 'oh I can't pay that 30 before I come so we'll just leave it at that' I said ok, good bye. Not sad to lose her. As much as she was all 'thank you thank you thank you' about everything it was just her trying to manipulate us into getting her way.

Comment

Oh yeah I blow this kind of thing off with the force of a HV.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Clean Puppy View Post
                Oh yeah I blow this kind of thing off with the force of a HV.
                I like the mental image of that ��

Comment

I have actually found myself quietly growling at this type of person.

Comment

"I'd love to do ____ but unless someone cancels or reschedules I have to honor the appointments I've already booked until ____ , Best I can do is schedule you the date available and keep you updated if anything opens up"

Comment

Working...
                    X