Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 Great Jobs That Don't Pay too Much

http://www.wisebread.com/15-great-jo...-dont-pay-much

Can money buy happiness? Should you spend years in a job you don't like? Or, are you better off working at a job you really love, even if you don't make a pile of money? If you are an average American, you'll work for for 90,000 hours over your career lifetime. If you have a "happiness in my job is more important" mindset, here are 15 jobs you might really like — even if they don't pay much.............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

Apparently someone doesn't do math that well. You'll start as a bather for 13-17 an hour, which comes out to 26-34 given a 40 hour week 50 weeks a year, but the median pay for a groomer is 20K? Doesn't add up. I certainly hope groomers are making more than 20K a year. Even if at 50% commission on a 30 dollar dog that's 30K a year if you are doing 8 dogs a day 5 days a week 50 weeks a year. Not too many of us charging 30 bucks anymore.

Comment

None of my full time employees make that little but I know there are those out there that do.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
        Apparently someone doesn't do math that well. You'll start as a bather for 13-17 an hour, which comes out to 26-34 given a 40 hour week 50 weeks a year, but the median pay for a groomer is 20K? Doesn't add up. I certainly hope groomers are making more than 20K a year. Even if at 50% commission on a 30 dollar dog that's 30K a year if you are doing 8 dogs a day 5 days a week 50 weeks a year. Not too many of us charging 30 bucks anymore.
        You are right I caught the math errors too.

Comment

Because we're in a small city, in the poorest county in the state, I would say that those wages aren't out of line with the area. I don't make much more than that after expenses...
          Sadly, between my two jobs (anywhere between 35-60 hours/week), I'm making the same amount of money I was in 1992 - when I was working just 40 hours a week on a regular basis.
          I know a lot of people are in the same boat, at least I'm working! Just wish people wouldn't keep asking me when we're retiring (I'm 63, hubby 65). Rock 'til we drop!!

Comment

Yes that story's numbers didn't seem to balance out. I hope the writer doesn't do trivia questions.

Comment

I think they mean $13,000-$17,000 for a bather. $17000 is right at minimum wage for full time, so a part time bather could easily hit around the $13000 mark. $20,000 is probably skewed by the number of groomers working part time. Before owning my salon, I only had 1 job that was full time and even then, I had weeks around 30 hours.

Comment

Working...
              X