Going private! Insurance reqs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Going private! Insurance reqs

I had an interview with a private grooming/boarding/training facility today. They seemed excited, I know I am. I am just looking over the numbers before I lock this in. I will be leaving corporate after nearly 9 years. It is bittersweet. I will miss my coworkers, but we all know the struggle of corp, even if your store/salon is one of the better ones. So, I briefly looked at medical insurance online through united healthcare, blue cross, etc. So, what do you all use? Keep in mind I'm 36, relatively young, healthy, birth control is the only medication I take and I am already going through a clinic for that. What I saw was $290-$330/month with around $5000-$6500 deductible. Just looking for options. Thanks in advance!
    I saw the angel in the marble and carved until I set him free.
    -Michelangelo

Wow, you sound just like me (except I am 39, and I left Corp. after 3 years).
    Anyways, I am in Arizona and the cheapest insurance I found is from United Healthcare, about $260 a month, just for me alone, no dental or vision, and it is $5,500 deductible and Bronze plan, so it only covers 60% after deductible. I could save $$$ by not having it and just paying penalty, paying for once a year visit to Dr. and my birth control pills, but who can predict what will happen? That's one of the few things I miss leaving PetSomething - insurance.
    So yeah, make sure to include these numbers in your calculations. Oh, and your corp. will offer you COBRA for 18 months, I am still using their dental but health was way too expensive.

Comment

My insurance started out at $280 a month with $2500 deductible - ; years ago. It's now up to $550 a month with an $8000 deductible. I NEVER go to doctors ( twice for cat bites and once for an infected and those were emergency care clinic visits only - that I paid for out of pocket ). Don't take any pills except some aspirin and a daily vitamin. Accupuncturist visits are not covered by any plans and are reasonable enough ($60) to do on my own.
      Someone please tell me why at 61 I have to pay for maternity and birth control coverage !!

Comment

Oh sorry, got on a mild rant and hit the wrong button. Point of previous post is that you need to plan on your coverage costs doubling so you do g get caught short.

Comment

I bought mine through my state health insurance exchange. If you make below a certain amount, the government (our taxes, ha ha) will provide a subsidy so that you pay a lower monthly fee. I think the cut off for subsidies is around $40,000, but I'm not sure. You can go on the site and get an estimate.

Comment

Is the company offering to help cover any of the cost? Where I work it's a 70-30% split. If they haven't offered yet perhaps that could be part of the hire negotiation?
            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I got mine through a state health exchange and costs have risen gently the last two years.

Comment

Check out SamaritanMinitries.org. That is what I use. It is not a health care plan it is a group of Christians paying for one another's needs and its wonderful!

Comment

Working...
                X