Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I found something that helps prevent hair splinters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I found something that helps prevent hair splinters!

I have a bad problem with hair splinters inside my elbows. My skin is thin and gets irritated easily. I don't pre-clip very often so I'm convinced I am a living, breathing hair magnet. The inside my elbows looks horrible! So embarrassing.....

Out of desperation one morning, I looked at my deodorant on the counter and thought "what can it hurt?" and rubbed it on my right arm from my wrist up to just past my elbow. Well guess what? I haven't had a problem with a hair splinter in that arm since I started trying the deodorant. Why does this help? I have no idea.

Secret-Invisible Solid- OUTLAST - Active Fresh - women's deodorant. I hope this weird tip helps someone else.

Brenda

GUESS, deodorants build up as they should and I think it blocks splinters. I know using liquid gloves it builds up and stop splinters.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutebichon View Post
      I know using liquid gloves it builds up and stop splinters.
      I tried a similar product to liquid gloves Gloves in a Bottle. It didn't work very well. I can't find Liquid Gloves.....where do you buy yours from?

Comment

Buy a Clipper Vac and your problems would probably be sucked up.

Happy sucking up

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Wish i Could help I can't remember ever getting one, thickskin I don't know

Comment

This might be the only place where someone isn't grossed out by this......I can't tell you how many times I have pulled little hairs out of my inner elbow!!! They almost look like little black heads sometimes, especially after shaving harsh coated breeds. I started wearing 3/4 sleeves and considered those bathing sleeves you can get. Dolly's right though and a clipper vac is the way to go. Keep saving my pennies and someday I might be able to afford one. I think I actually read though Groomers Choice does financing. Something to consider.
            It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
            Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by DogGamut View Post
              Wish i Could help I can't remember ever getting one, thickskin I don't know
              Wow!!! You and I are the same on this issue......never had a problem with hair splinters.
              But thanks for post OP, many do have issues of this sort.
              Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I just bought a clipper vac and have used it once. Poor dog! There is a slight learning curve. I can see how this will be much better for my skin, eyes & lungs.

Comment

Working...
                X