I "groomed" my hair using Chubbs Bar and Dog Shammy Dryer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I "groomed" my hair using Chubbs Bar and Dog Shammy Dryer

I was curious about whether using a degreasing bar like Chubbs would dry out my hair. I have long, thick, straight hair that is in good condition. I used Chubbs, washing once, and didn't apply a lot of it.
    Then I used my Dog Shammy Driver (an adjustable air volume dryer) for drying.
    My hair does not seem dried out. In fact, it feels less dried out than it sometimes feels with "human" shampoos. Looks shiny and clean. I was expecting it to feel more stripped.
    The dryer surprised me. Since I groom cats, I usually keep the air volume at mid range, not at the highest level, so as not to panic the cats. The dryer was drying slowly at that air volume. I had to move it to the highest level to make more progress. Usually I either air-dry my hair or use a Yellow Bird dryer with heat. The heat dries my hair much faster than the Dog Shammy, even at highest air volume.
    I've been frustrated by how long it takes to dry some long-haired cats with the Dog Shammy. I think I need to use it at highest volume from now on while drying the haunches especially, unless the cat is really scared of being dried.
    Do you ever try these sort of experiments?

The only experiment I've tried is with "tear-less" shampoos. I like scrubbing muzzles/ears/under eyes and was afraid I might get shampoo in the pup's eyes....so I splashed some in my eyes as a test (I'll admit the first time was an accident). So far, Tropiclean Spa Fresh Facial scrub is by far the best. No stinging irritation at all. I also use a generic baby shampoo on really dirty ears; not waxy but just dirty. No tears there either.

I tried my Metro Air Force Commander on my hair one morning when I was running late. I live close to work so my hair was still wet when I got to the shop. Everyone else was running late too (no dogs yet) so I decided to dry my hair so I wouldn't look like a mess. This dryer has variable speed with no heat but my hair dried faster than with my regular blow dryer. It kinda looked like I dried my hair by hanging my head out a car window.......

Comment

I have used Vellus conditioner on my hair a couple of times due to hit iron damage and had the frizzy's........Works like a charm to smooth the hair cuticle till it can be trimmed

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
        My hair does not seem dried out. In fact, it feels less dried out than it sometimes feels with "human" shampoos. Looks shiny and clean. I was expecting it to feel more stripped.
        I tried to tell you some time back that Chubbs did not dry out the coat or my hands while grooming, unlike many other degreasing shampoos. Winter time will always create static, regardless of what shampoos are used, but I am happy with the results I get with the bars. When you get a cat with what I call the "super greasies", a little bit of Groomers Goop and Chubbs will get them squeaky clean and soft. I might try the stud tail bar you mentioned in another post. I have heard of the Purrinlot cattery from another breeder who has some odd-eyed Persians from that cattery. I didn't know they had developed a line of grooming products. I might try the tear staining products as well. I am all for checking out anything that might help my grooming results.
        BTW, I have used Chubbs on my own hair as well. I have very oily hair and have to wash it every day or you could set up an oil well on my head, LOL! Since I have to wash it every day, regular human shampoo is more economical, but I was very happy with the results.

Comment

Ha, yes, I've become fanatical about not listening to anyone unless I can confirm what they say with my own eyes. You were right, I was wrong
          In the time I've been grooming, which isn't long compared to a lot of people here, I've been told with total certainty so many conflicting "rules" and "facts" that my brain 'sploded.

"I tried to tell you some time back that Chubbs did not dry out the coat or my hands while grooming, unlike many other degreasing shampoos."

Comment

I like that term recycled ignorance. In lots of trades not just grooming very uninformed things get said this is the THE way, no other and it is like, that was the dark ages. Haven't you heard. It is amazing how many THOUSANDS of groomers do no continuing education, go to shows nothing, maybe look at ads in magazine and are so behind in the changing world of pet grooming. So I always keep an open mind.

Comment

Working...
            X