Paper vs Digital

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paper vs Digital

This is something I was thinking about and what to get input. We all know that digital technology is replacing paper documents just like our animal softwares can store a lot of information. How many people put all their information electronically and do not do paper documents or do you still do both. For example: do you still use an appointment book or only schedule appointments in your computer. Do you write how you groomed an animal and behavior in their chart or do you only put it in your grooming software? Just curious how many people are doing both or only using the electronic versions.

Paper documents only.......only have phone for computer, no way to back up and too much trouble to keep up with dual documents
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I use my phone calendar which merges with my iPad & computer. But I still use an appointment book because when clients call and I'm on my phone I can write it in the book. At the end of the day I input the appts in my phone. I use paper forms when I check in my dogs that I write info & notes down. For me it's easier if I just have to pull the binder to look at the paperwork before the dog arrives rather than input info & look everything up on the computer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Only paper here too. Never fails me.

Comment

Paper documents.........so much faster to view client cards while in the van, give a written receipt to client with next appointment on it, flip thru an appointment book if client wants to change an appointment, easy to flip thru client cards if someone calls, easy review for tallying my IRS documents for accountant........and easy way to save all info for the next 7 years in the attic, just in case Mr. IRS knocks on your door.

Happy sticking with paper

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Paper here. Although I do put my appointments on my phone calender. I do have an appointment book, but it is nice to have them on my phone as well so I can look them up or schedule appointments when I don't have my book with me.

Comment

Paper and computer. Paper appt book for jotting down and inputting later. Plus book is easier to glance at quickly.

If anyone here wants to eventually sell their business, you will need more than a paper book to show true income and client list. I not only use Groom Pro web based software for scheduling, but also Quickbooks for all of the expense tracking. My accountant can see dollar for dollar every penny going into and out of my business. If I ever want to sell, I can show true profit and loss for each year which can put a better true value on the business.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                Paper and computer. Paper appt book for jotting down and inputting later. Plus book is easier to glance at quickly.

If anyone here wants to eventually sell their business, you will need more than a paper book to show true income and client list. I not only use Groom Pro web based software for scheduling, but also Quickbooks for all of the expense tracking. My accountant can see dollar for dollar every penny going into and out of my business. If I ever want to sell, I can show true profit and loss for each year which can put a better true value on the business.
                You can input anything you want though, just like on paper. IMO the best way to show your income is your schedule C to the IRS. Lie to them, and you'll be in big trouble. When I want to buy a house or a car, they could care less about Quickbooks, they want to see my tax returns. JMHO

Comment

I am mobile and digital. It took some getting use to, but I will never go back. I use a Samsung Tablet and a 6 dollar app that I like alot. The app syncs with my phone. I have all my client info quicker than pulling a file. The app allows me to link my contact profiles with pictures, release forms, etc. Schedule appointments quickly, and pull up grooming notes and info. For example, if I need a release form signed because of age or matts, I have the customer sign a hard copy, I take a picture of it with my tablet and zing... it's attached to that Contact. I use the app on my phone as well, just click on the address and it navigates. I use to spend at least 40.00 on an appointment book that was bulky and looked pretty abused by the 2nd month. It automatically backs up all the information online to your Google account or wherever you want it to. Sorry for the commercial, I wish somebody told me about this year's ago. Been paper free for about 5 years. If you are interested in the app. It's called CalenGoo.

Petagree Mobile Spa
                  www.petagreemobilespa.com

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                    You can input anything you want though, just like on paper. IMO the best way to show your income is your schedule C to the IRS. Lie to them, and you'll be in big trouble. When I want to buy a house or a car, they could care less about Quickbooks, they want to see my tax returns. JMHO
                    You cannot input anything you want on Quickbooks online. It's directly linked to your bank accounts and payroll account, also my credit card merchant is linked. Every time you use your bank account it goes on QB.
                    According to my CPA, Quickbooks is a sure way of proof to the IRS.

Your returns are important but it is not sufficient for selling a business. A broker wanting to sell a business needs more than a tax return to show a potential buyer what the true numbers are.

Comment

I use both. The hospital makes computer appointments. I get a printout of my month at the end of each business day to use to plan. Far too often there has been a problem with the computer system and without my daily printouts I'd have no way to start the day
                      My grooming notes/ client notes are kept on paper in binders. Easier to check and make notes on since I keep records on mdgical issues and anomalies as well as groom notes.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
                        You cannot input anything you want on Quickbooks online. It's directly linked to your bank accounts and payroll account, also my credit card merchant is linked. Every time you use your bank account it goes on QB.
                        According to my CPA, Quickbooks is a sure way of proof to the IRS.

Your returns are important but it is not sufficient for selling a business. A broker wanting to sell a business needs more than a tax return to show a potential buyer what the true numbers are.
                        That is good to know. I should have thought that after many years it has been updated. Let's just say I knew people that manipulated their numbers years ago with Quickbooks.

Comment

I don't think it will ever be all digital though. If you are all digital and all digital is lost, no backup can you spell disaster. But not against digital, be a backup expert.

Comment

Originally posted by petagreespa View Post
                            I am mobile and digital. It took some getting use to, but I will never go back. I use a Samsung Tablet and a 6 dollar app that I like alot. The app syncs with my phone. I have all my client info quicker than pulling a file. The app allows me to link my contact profiles with pictures, release forms, etc. Schedule appointments quickly, and pull up grooming notes and info. For example, if I need a release form signed because of age or matts, I have the customer sign a hard copy, I take a picture of it with my tablet and zing... it's attached to that Contact. I use the app on my phone as well, just click on the address and it navigates. I use to spend at least 40.00 on an appointment book that was bulky and looked pretty abused by the 2nd month. It automatically backs up all the information online to your Google account or wherever you want it to. Sorry for the commercial, I wish somebody told me about this year's ago. Been paper free for about 5 years. If you are interested in the app. It's called CalenGoo.

Petagree Mobile Spa
                            www.petagreemobilespa.com
                            OMG! I've been using Calengoo as my calendar for years and had no idea I could use it for contacts and photos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I do both. My book is huge and I hate carrying it up to a clients home to schedule appointments. So I use the setmore app on my phone to schedule when I'm out working. When I'm returning calls or at home I use my paper book. I also have client cards I fill in after my day from notes on the clients profile on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X