Suggesting new ideas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggesting new ideas

Hey everyone, hope our New year is off to a nice start. I'll cut to the chase, the kennel I groom at is fantastic. My people are great, the owners are like family, and the clients are loyal. My only issue, if you can even call it that, is the design of my salon and lack of interest in hearing any suggestions for product or equipment. It's not that the owner doesn't care, it's just he knows his way works, and that's all that matters. How do you go about suggesting a new idea or procedure to your bosses or owners? Our salon doesn't use force dryers, but rather stand dryers, cage dryers, and saunas. His concern with force dryers are the sound and the hair flying everywhere. I've tried explaining it's such a fast process that the clean up would follow immediately and therefore the cleanup would be quick as well; but he is happy with how things are done. I'm considering purchasing a dryer on my own, and asking if I can use it there so he could see for himself. I respect him so much, so I don't wish to step on any toes. Thanks for any input!

Does he read this for? If so, let him go back and check some of the posts on this issue that have been put up some very experienced Groomers and salon owners.

Comment

Do you do any double-coated breeds, like Goldens, Labs, Shepherds? How do you even dry them without HV dryer? How well does that work? Maybe if you have couple of coat-packed Huskies and do one with stand dryer or cage dryer (shudder) and another with HV dryer and let your boss see the difference in time and results? Of course, "Husky" can be replaced with any breed that you know would be more efficiently done with HV dryer.

Comment

He is not on this forum, and yes we do all sorts of breeds, and over the holidays as 25 dogs are leaving in one day, and all being groomed I am forced to place them in kennels to dry with cool air, or in our sauna.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Your salon cannot be turning out quality grooming drying with cage drying and cool air, especially double coated breeds. Seems like your boss is more concerned with keeping a clean salon rather than nicely finished coats. I could not work without a HV dryer, period.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishSetterTom View Post
            Your salon cannot be turning out quality grooming drying with cage drying and cool air, especially double coated breeds. Seems like your boss is more concerned with keeping a clean salon rather than nicely finished coats. I could not work without a HV dryer, period.
            Me either!!!!
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I don't know how you groom without an HV dryer...

Comment

My double k force dryers died just before Christmas. Could only get approval to replace with a single K-9 dryer. Good but not comparable for the volume done. I'd be pulling out my hair without ANY force dryer at all. Don't know how you manage it

Comment

What is a sauna?

Comment

I consider an HV dryer to be as essential to a groomer as shears, shampoo or clippers. I cannot fathom how you are able to accomplish quality grooms in a reasonable amount of time without an HV dryer. I hope your boss comes around and can understand that he's handicapping you greatly in favor of a lazy salon cleaning routine.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Some bosses are like Frank singing to dream the impossible dream. Timing will be more important, and ask questions, get them talking and say, what about this or that instead of telling them.

Comment

Working...
                      X