Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't Name Your Dog Bella

http://www.montereyherald.com/lifest...your-dog-bella

DoggieNames.com is calling for a moratorium on Bella - not the character or the actress who portrayed her, Kristen Stewart - just the name Bella. (Chris Ware/TNS)

For the past decade, the most popular name for dogs has been Bella, prompting a website called DoggieNames.com to issue a cease and desist order on the general pet owning population. Enough with Bella!

The moratorium may seem in jest, althoughit does seem time to retire the name for a few centuries, there are good reasons to do so.

Bella s a lovely name that means beautiful in Italian, says Toni Perling, founder and CEO of DoggieNames.com. But there are so many other wonderful, creative names out there for your fur kids. We re asking that potential pet parents consider choosing a name that s more meaningful to them and their families.

Reducing the number of Bellas would also reduce confusion among vets, groomers and other pet-care professionals, and help avoid potentional mistakes in medication mixups and grooming mishaps..............
    Coordinators post updates to the message for grooming events, members contests, PG.com Classified Ads, GroomerTALK Radio shows and PG.com Magazine online.

I have 3 Bella's.

Bella Gella
    Bella Rubz
    and just plain Bella

Comment

I adopted another Westie this past October and when I found out her name was Bella I thought "Oh no, anything but that!" cause I always like my furbies to have semi-unique names. The worst part is she is four and has been a Bella all her life, so I'm keeping the name (sigh). We call her Bella Boo.

Comment

My poo was named Belle which means Bella in French, I think we named her after her beauty and the name was popular in the late 90's!
        Honestly, I have only one named Belle and she's old!

Comment

We have at least 40 of each Bella, Max, Charlie, Bailey, Lucy...

My personal "favourite" <feel the sarcasm> is when the dog has a really common name like above, or any of the next popular 5-10 names, and the person thinks they're being super creative because there are three X's at the end of Maxxx, or because they hyphenated "Sai-die". Sorry kids, the dog can't spell, and if I call him Max with a singular X, he still responds.

Comment

@wild4westies Maybe you can call her Bell for short.. or Stella, or Ella lol

Comment

Originally posted by Moo View Post
              We have at least 40 of each Bella, Max, Charlie, Bailey, Lucy...

My personal "favourite" <feel the sarcasm> is when the dog has a really common name like above, or any of the next popular 5-10 names, and the person thinks they're being super creative because there are three X's at the end of Maxxx, or because they hyphenated "Sai-die". Sorry kids, the dog can't spell, and if I call him Max with a singular X, he still responds.
              Ha-ha, so true! I groom one Maxx and one Roxxy.

Comment

Our female redbones name is Cabela, but we call her Bella for short.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yesterday, I answer a phone call and ask what breed of dog the client has so I can determine where/if it can fit on the day she wants before I ask the # on the account:

"She comes there all the time, her name is Bella!"

After pulling her teeth she finally says it's a Shih Tzu, then I offer her times and pull up her account. She's also annoyed when I then ask her telephone number, insisting again that she comes always and why can't I find her.

We have 47 Bellas and 14 of them are Shih Tzu.

Comment

Working...
                  X