Grooming Fads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming Fads

Think back. What grooming fads have come and gone?????

kind of hard to classify something as a fad when the thing is an art form that is particular to the individual as far as cuts or styles go. everything I do is tried and tested and likely never going away unless something better pops up.

Comment

I am having a hard time thinking of one although the lion's trim on a dog was heavily requested a couple years ago when there was a story in the media about neighbors reported a lion on the loose, and it turned out to be a dog in lion's trim. We got like 10 requests for the trim, and then boom, no one continued with style on a dog. So that's a customer fad we experienced.

Comment

Not really a fad but sort of to small degree was the facial. We got lots of requests for them, no longer, and just include it as part of grooms.

Comment

I remember when some said the mohawk would be but proved them wrong.

Comment

Around here it's passé to color any fur ( ears, feet, faux hawks).
            Also the 'Boo' style on Poms is quickly fading.

Comment

Oh, and feather attachments are going by the wayside. No one wants to deal with the matting

Comment

Yep never hear about wanting feathers any more.

Comment

For me it is nail polish.....thank goodness.... No one asked for it anymore.

Comment

Agreed, nail polish. Not in a long long time.

Comment

Originally posted by violet2 View Post
                      I am having a hard time thinking of one although the lion's trim on a dog was heavily requested a couple years ago when there was a story in the media about neighbors reported a lion on the loose, and it turned out to be a dog in lion's trim. We got like 10 requests for the trim, and then boom, no one continued with style on a dog. So that's a customer fad we experienced.
                      Hello, Milwaukee!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Breed fads come to mind. Back in the 60s and 70s, poodles were the 'it' breed. Oodles of poodles-lots of mins and toys with a few standards thrown in. There were no shih tzu, bichons, and who had even heard of a havanese? Dutch cuts and sweetheart trims were common. Poodles were colored pink, blue, or purple with matching nail polish and bows. Matted poodles were put in palm springs clips. Today, I have more bichons in my card files than poodles, and more shih tzu than any thing else. Wonder what we'll be grooming 20 years from now?
                        Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

We never get asked for nail polish, except maybe once a year during holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
                            Oh, and feather attachments are going by the wayside. No one wants to deal with the matting
                            My female dogs live in their feathers from Groom A to Groom B, and I remove the bead the next groom and put a new one in, and I've never had it be involved in a mat, and they usually go three weeks between grooms. And since I usually remove it at table time, I've usually washed and dried with it in.

Comment

I dont' count on tips, but wouldn't that be horrible if they became a fad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X