As Seen on TV knotout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As Seen on TV knotout

Have you seen the commercial, recessed blades inside a brush. www,getknotout.com

Yes....not sure what to think about it yet.[emoji848]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm working with a local groomer gaining much needed experience and one of her long time clients gave her one of these for Christmas. We put batteries in it and gave it a try. It was more trouble than it was worth. It will cut through light mats but not any better than a mat rake. It would be good for the pet owner who finds a knot or two while brushing. It was a very nice gift though! Not as good as the pumpkin bread someone else brought........... :-)

Comment

Hmmm...sounds like it may be headed down the same road as the PediPaws. All of my pelted Doodle owners will probably buy it thinking this will be their quick fix (as opposed to my quick fix...a number 7 kennel clip!), only to abandon it at the secondhand store or ebay once it doesn't perform to their wishes. Still, it sounds like it may be a safe option for a realistic dematting scenario.

Comment

Thanks BDL, I thought it was something like that and it didn't look made for daily work, but I would think it might leave choppy areas, or other signs of a pet owner that is using one.

Comment

You guys are toooooooo funny..........I thought the same thing and I rolled my eyes when I first saw the advertisement on TV. It's one of those "quick fixes" that you need to put in your right hand.......walk to the back door........and give it a heave as far as possible. It will land in the "quick fix graveyard" along with the Pedipaw, and TurMinator and every other quick fix gimmick that comes out in December as a wonderful stocking stuffer.

Happy not firing the groomer

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

I keep seeing commercials for this, so out of curiosity I looked up the reviews on Amazon last night. Let's just say I'm not worried about my job security!

Comment

I would say more a gimmick. I bet they don't have replacement blades for sale?? If it is cutting it out how would it leave an even coat to groom as a pro groomer?

Comment

Anything advertised on TV.......be suspicious, be very suspicious.
                  Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

This looks stupid lol. Have you guys seen this other one that looks like it actually works and costs over a hundred dollars? I'm going to try and find it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

It looks just awful. The dogs they use it on aren't even matted. I hate that people mislead the public with gizmos like this. Nothing replaces regular brushing and professional grooming. Even the Furminator, which does a decent job of carding, can't compete with a thorough bath and HV blow dry. Hope not too many of our clients are taken in by this junk.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

From what I see, people are just wasting money with these. They are not nearly powerful enough to get through much of anything, and I dont see the blades lasting for very long. At first I thought, "oh no, people are going to be hacking up their dogs and slicing ears open" but if it won't go through a small mat, I dont think it would harm the pet. At least I hope not. Not worried about this product much, just a gimmick for sure.

Comment

My first thought was how much worse the dogs were going to get matted due to all the different lengths of hair from where they cut the mats out.

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
                            My first thought was how much worse the dogs were going to get matted due to all the different lengths of hair from where they cut the mats out.
                            Yes and choppy coats. Would rather rake this out.

Comment

Working...
                            X