Accidentally Tiny drop of Blade Oil Went in my Eye please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accidentally Tiny drop of Blade Oil Went in my Eye please help

I put eye drops inside my eye after few hours when I got home from work. It's sore. Should I be ok? It happened when lifting the red tip part of the blade oil.

Rinse a bunch with distilled water and then use eye drops, I'd see a doctor if you look and the mirror and think "I should see a doctor"

Comment

Don't rub your eyes. Oil and water don't mix, so my guess is the oil will wash out if you use eye drops.

Comment

Go to a minute clinic if you have one in your area. They'll be the surest and fastest way to help keep your eyes safe.
        Let us know what happens (so we make sure you're alright but also to have z better answer for the next person).

Comment

And my eye is not red. I didn't put anything when I was at work since I didn't have anything with me.

Comment

Originally posted by HoneyandChewiespal View Post
            Go to a minute clinic if you have one in your area. They'll be the surest and fastest way to help keep your eyes safe.
            Let us know what happens (so we make sure you're alright but also to have z better answer for the next person).
            I cannot afford to go to the eye doctor at the moment. That's why I'm asking on here like home remedy until I can afford.

Comment

Also future reference what's a good way to open the oil so this won't happen again? I have the Andis clipper oil that's what I used. The one with red tip when I was lifting that part, a drop splashed.

Comment

Originally posted by Sooflymami View Post
                I cannot afford to go to the eye doctor at the moment. That's why I'm asking on here like home remedy until I can afford.
                If it happened at work they are required to report it and send you to the doctor (if you are an employee that is) and you say you cannot afford to go the doctor? Can you afford to go BLIND???? SOmething to think about.
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

From what I know about automotive oils and eyes, you should be fine. See if you can find anything online like a MSDS sheet for the oil you use. All products need to have available a manufacturers safety sheet.

Google: Andis clipper oil MSDS.

It reads: flush eye for 15 minutes. Get medical attention if discomfort continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
                    If it happened at work they are required to report it and send you to the doctor (if you are an employee that is) and you say you cannot afford to go the doctor? Can you afford to go BLIND???? SOmething to think about.
                    ^^^^^THIS^^^^^
                    It is very important to take care of your eyes. Most urgent care places will set up a payment plan if need be, but if it happened at /during work, it is a workers comp. case and you need to go through your employer, if you are a employee. Tom makes a good point about the MSDS sheets. Though I am pretty sure clipper oil is not considered a "hazardous chemical", your employer should have MSDS sheets available to you.
                    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
                      Don't rub your eyes. Oil and water don't mix, so my guess is the oil will wash out if you use eye drops.
                      Precisely, The water will push the oil out, I hope you don't think oil and water not mixing is the same as crips and bloods not mixing.

Comment

If you get crips or bloods in your eye, you most definitely should seek help immediately.

Comment

I hope your eye is ok now....in the future, consider whitmans redip. It doesn't use kerosene. smells nice, but the main thing is it's a lot safer than many of the other blade oils out there. Obviously, you still want to avoid getting it in your eyes, but if you do, it's not as painful or damaging because it doesn't have the harsh chemicals in the other stuff. I will say that I've accidentally rubbed a bit in my eye with the redip, and it was fine. Still flushed with water, but didn't have irritation or soreness. never gotten any of the other blade oils in my eye....I really hope you are ok now!

Comment

Everything better now?

Comment

Working...
                            X