Overwhelmed. In a good way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overwhelmed. In a good way

Finished getting everything ready for the family Christmas ( wrapping gifts and filling stockings for the dog and cat). Then started going through the gifts clients had dropped off and writing the thank you cards. There were a number of thoughtful cards with the usual additions and some actual wrapped gifts. The last one - prompting this- is a bottle of Cartier La Panthere perfume. The real perfume - I'm dumbfounded. Don't wear many different fragrances but this one is going into the rotation. It's lovely.

Anyhow. Don't mean to sound greedy ( not the right word but it's been a long ten days ) but I needed to share my astonishment over this.

Hope everyone has a wonder filled Christmas. Rest and enjoy.

I understand being "overwhelmed" in a good way.....

Last month at one of my regular clients home, the lady was repairing a tiny tea cup handle on a very tiny (childs size) tea service. I remarked how pretty it was, and suggested a good glue she might try. The piece had broken while in storage.

This month the appt was the usual, 3 dogs out for their "spa day" and back inside. She had a nice try of cookies for me, and a small box all wrapped up. I couldn't leave until I opened the box (normally I keep all the gifts until Christmas morning) I slowly opened the box to find the entire tiny little childs tea service!!!! It is lovely, so delicate and fragile. I was shocked. I asked WHY? She said, "Because you liked it so much....." Then she told me, "You know, this was my mothers tea service when she was a little girl. So it is really old! " I tried to refuse, saying it should stay in her family. But no, she wanted me to have it. I was in tears.......

Yes, overwhelmed in a good way.....

Merry Christmas....

sittingpretty

Comment

I too am overwhelmed.........with the generosity and kindness of my clients. I've received 4 tins of cookies, a large picture frame for dog pixs, groomer bracelet, 3 gift cards totaling $85, fragrance reed diffuser, candle, can of pancake mix with syrup and spatula, gift bag of lotion and spray, large furry blanket with stuffed bear to match, bubbling night light, and tips totaling $1,373......and I still have 3 more days of grooming left in 2015.

I am hoping that each and every groomer has been blessed with clients who no longer think of you as "just a groomer" but someone that they respect and trust with their furry family member.

Happy New Year Everyone

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dolly View Post
        I too am overwhelmed.........with the generosity and kindness of my clients. I've received 4 tins of cookies, a large picture frame for dog pixs, groomer bracelet, 3 gift cards totaling $85, fragrance reed diffuser, candle, can of pancake mix with syrup and spatula, gift bag of lotion and spray, large furry blanket with stuffed bear to match, bubbling night light, and tips totaling $1,373......and I still have 3 more days of grooming left in 2015.

I am hoping that each and every groomer has been blessed with clients who no longer think of you as "just a groomer" but someone that they respect and trust with their furry family member.

Happy New Year Everyone

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com
        Right on Dolly.

Comment

It's great to see groomers receiving such thoughtful and generous gifts. In NYC, this is a big time of the year for the doormen who work in fancy apartments. They're raking it in right about now

Comment

I am very appreciative of everything extra thing I get from my clientele beyond payment and we had a good year again. Not every customer will be like this but we get so many that are as the business grew, and you know what, maybe the same for you???? The ones that tip and gift so willingly seem to stay years and years with us.

Comment

Brit, you nailed it!

Comment

Working...
              X