House Calls??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Calls??

I had a lady phone me today, wanting to know if I did house calls. About a month ago, she came into the vet clinic, wanting to know about brushes and what would work on her "Rottweiler ". Told her what to buy, and she left. Fast forward to today-- tells me she doesn't have a Rottweiler but has been told she has a Bernese Mountain Dog instead. The dog has never left the farm, and she knows how busy I am right now, but could I have a heart and do a house call groom for her before Christmas?? I said to her, I don't do house calls and really don't have time as Christmas is only 3 days away. She said well you could come when I get home at 10pm??!!! I actually asked her if she was serious, to which she replied she was. She told me she was willing to compensate me for my time and travel--was willing to pay $100. Not nearly enough, and I declined quickly!! Think some of the crazies are starting to emerge!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

She probably was wondering why did you not jump at opportunity to work past midnight on some wild farm Berner. Some people are shameless.

Comment

Well I have seen this behavior in cities where people never sleep nights. Not worth it in your case. Kinda scary actually.

Comment

Mine just pat me on the arm and say, " you don't have to rush I can pick him/ her up at 9 pm" (after I've told them I can't 'squeeze them in' for 'just a fast bath and maybe a little trim do they can see, and oh they have done knots thstvghryveont let me brush out......)

The insanity runs rampant at the time of the year. Am always gobsmacked by how many people get 'surprised' by Christmas. Guess they don't get out much and never turn on a tv or ratio when at home.

Comment

Of course, and why not work all night ?
          I do mobile.. You can't imagine how people has no shame asking things they'll never ask to a shop.
          And when they say the dog is dirty, I trust them. When I'm at their house, they go get the dog who sleeps in the stables with horses or worst with cows (I didn't had any dogs being with pigs yet, knocking on the wood), and sometimes they say "I would never let him in a shop, he's too dirty" haha.
          Or the traditional, you can come after 9pm or before 9am if you want to, as I am full booked for weeks they think I'm gonna do exceptions for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hucksmom View Post
            I had a lady phone me today, wanting to know if I did house calls. About a month ago, she came into the vet clinic, wanting to know about brushes and what would work on her "Rottweiler ". Told her what to buy, and she left. Fast forward to today-- tells me she doesn't have a Rottweiler but has been told she has a Bernese Mountain Dog instead. The dog has never left the farm, and she knows how busy I am right now, but could I have a heart and do a house call groom for her before Christmas?? I said to her, I don't do house calls and really don't have time as Christmas is only 3 days away. She said well you could come when I get home at 10pm??!!! I actually asked her if she was serious, to which she replied she was. She told me she was willing to compensate me for my time and travel--was willing to pay $100. Not nearly enough, and I declined quickly!! Think some of the crazies are starting to emerge!!!

One thousand beans and I would be there, lol, a hundred. ......not happening! Tis the season ............
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

If I had a dollar for every one of these type calls and in person 'visits' in the last week....... I could buy groceries for the next 2 weeks, lol. Love the ones who tell you their groomer doesn't have any appointments available, but maybe you could help me out, - uh nope.

Only 2 more days to go

Comment

I honestly think these folks just don't get it!! I wouldn't even consider this for a $100/ hr.... AFTER 10pm? Maybe about $500/ hr.....? No respect for your skill or time....

Merry Christmas everyone, get some rest....only 2 more days.....

sittingpretty

Comment

Oh Hucks, some people just don't realize us for what we can be, pro groomers. Take deep breaths and enjoy your holiday break.

Comment

Originally posted by sittingpretty View Post
                    I honestly think these folks just don't get it!! I wouldn't even consider this for a $100/ hr.... AFTER 10pm? Maybe about $500/ hr.....? No respect for your skill or time....

Merry Christmas everyone, get some rest....only 2 more days.....

sittingpretty
                    This is it. Your reply at after hours at the holiday is name your price. Not what the client wants but what you want to work crazy hours. Tell these people you want 500$ at 9-10 pm. Not your problem. Let them pay.
                    Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness.- Richard Carlson

Comment

Oh Hucks, merry christmas.

Comment

Merry Christmas to you all also!![emoji319][emoji319][emoji4][emoji319][emoji319]

Comment

Working...
                        X