Who believed in Santa Claus as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who believed in Santa Claus as a kid?

I did, my parents went all out and my brother did the house lights. I think I was 6 or 7 years old before I noticed there were a lot of Santas in the same shopping center at the same time! LOL

I did! I lived on an Army base overseas as a kid and my dad was Santa for the school on base. I had no idea. Turns out, he dressed in the Santa suit in the middle of the night when he was putting out our gifts. I found this out when I woke up on Christmas Eve, heard noise in the living room and peeked outside. It was Santa and I freaked! I scurried back inside my bedroom and hid under the covers.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

I did! Well, in Russian version of him, he is called Father Frost and he leaves gifts under the tree on December 31st. My parents always managed to sneak the gifts under the tree so that I never noticed the exact moment they appeared.

Comment

I did too, I think I stopped believing around my 8 or so. But before that, I didn't wanted to go to bed to see him, and even when my parents forced me to go to bed, I was trying to hear the bells. Then my sisters and I were always up early, around 6am, to get the gifts! And we played until noon when we had to go to our aunt's house to have lunch!
        I think having my older sister being only 18 months older than me truly helped to let believe in Santa for so long!

Comment

Oh my brothers and sisters and I all believed. My mom and dad always did such a good job of making sure there were tons of presents underneath the tree from Santa even though they didn't have a lot of money. I was very sad when a friend laughed at me because I believed in Santa - I think I was around 9. I remember coming home, and crying. My mom was hugging and comforting me and while I don't exactly remember what she told me, I came away feeling even more surrounded by God and the magic of Christmas. To this day, I feel the holiday magic & and shut out all of the negativity and hustle and bustle of today's world. I remember the happy times of the classic department store window displays. There was a talking Fir tree in one of the department stores, and we passed it on our way to see Santa. Just sitting here & typing this makes me smile!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Not me, at least not that I can remember. I was the 3rd of 4 children, and while one of my older brothers could get into the spirit of the thing and play along for the benefit of his younger sisters, the eldest was always something of a killjoy.

Comment

All I can remember is my Mom yelling at my older brother because he told me that there was no Santa........Mom was telling him that "no one spoiled it for him"........well, that about put the lid on the kettle for me regarding believing in a real Santa. My Santa never brought the gifts under the tree, which we opened on Christmas Eve, but he did fill the socks hanging from our fake, cardboard fireplace for Christmas morning fun. Yikes, this happened approximately 58 years ago !!

Happy hanging your sock

Dolly's Barking Bubbles, LLC

www.dollysbarkingbubbles.com

Comment

OMG Dolly, we had that same cardboard fireplace! Went with the atomic silver Christmas tree with the electrical rotating kaleidoscope pointed at it. Yet through it all I still believed in Santa!

Comment

I got to believe all the way to my double digit years. We had a neighbor who would dress the part, down to sleigh bells and managing to leave hoof prints in the snow or frost. While sense told me that it wasn't real it was hard to despute physical evidence. I still hear those bells and the sounds on the roof if I listen very closely on Christmas Eve.

Comment

Of course! When I started doubting, I slept in the living room, just knowing I would catch my parents, but I never did. I don't know when I actually stopped believing. My sister, was awesome, as she was 7 years older than me and still played along.

Comment

Me! Every Christmas eve night, around 6 or 7, there would be a knock on our front door. It was Santa himself! He had some huge sleigh bells, and a bit different kind of hat-making him different than the store versions. Also making him more real to us. After he wished us Merry Christmas and left, my brother and I would look out all the windows to see if we could spot him. We never did. Many, many years later, when I was in my 40s, my mom sent me a news clipping about our Santa. He had passed away. Turned out, he was a man who worked for my dad. We'd even had dinner at his house a few times, but we never guessed his identity. How I miss those wonderful years. A part of me still believes in Santa and the love and joy he represents.
                      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I did until about 5. Mom got remarried and step brother loved to kill my illusions of childhood, but today he is so sweet and a good dad. I still like to have a few moments of Santa gift giving during the year. I just come home with a little gift for everybody in summer or spring and for no reason other than to wish that everyday was Christmas.

Comment

I did, but I find today that many kids with access to Internet and phones discover much earlier.

Comment

Originally posted by 10muddypaws View Post
                            I did, but I find today that many kids with access to Internet and phones discover much earlier.
                            I was thinking the same, hopefully Internet appeared when I was 9 but we only had it when I was 11, and back then you could wait an hour trying to access internet from your phone! Thanks WAP! Lol

Comment

I don't remember ever really believing, but I remember playing along, like I just never came out and tried to argue against Santa's existence. Kind of like I grew up in church and played along, but have never really been able to fully buy that, either. I want to believe, and I wanted to believe in Santa. I just never bought it. It was fun to play, though. There is probably a black hole where my soul belongs.

Comment

Working...
                              X