Are You OK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You OK?

We are booked and so busy and you know me and my music singing away while I groom. But tonight I thought about all the visitors here that read and lurk and even our regulars, are you OK this holiday season? Anyone else need some advice, I love how much help is around here with the regulars. If anyone needs some help, please ask even if you have never posted. Happy holidays to all and thank you.

We're fine...boarding is down somewhat (no snow), grooming has been fairly steady but not as busy as other years.
    I know a lot of people are swamped. Hopefully they can power through it and it won't be too stressful.

Comment

That's so sweet! Thanks for asking. I'm good. Got side swiped with the catalytic converter going in my VW and forking out an arm and a leg 2 weeks after I just dumped a bunch of money on Christmas. Go figure. Good thing the books are full and the doggies are strutting in, cause I can use the cash flow!
      Meryy Christmas Everyone!
      It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Wonderful thread 4them. Other than having the flu and having to work sick I am well. Be glad when holidays are over (or just done with the flu would be nice).
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

No flu here, but had a helluva cold for like a month and a half. Antibiotics for chest infection too. Finally got over it just in time for Christmas rush. Doing well now, enjoying my new puppy, and trying to get ready for Christmas. Hitting the mall this weekend, Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Doing ok, mostly. Kitty had emergency bladder surgery last week (Completely full of stones and sediment, driving the vet nuts because we had been keeping a close eye because he has a history of issues, and he'd been in twice before this month for his dental and an issue with his glands) He's doing much better, but it led to a number of sleepless nights because he decided he needed to pee on/jump up on everything while he was on his pain meds.
            Christmas rush is surprisingly quiet this year, but that means everyone is waiting until the last moment around here, so I'm taking all my vitamins for when it does happen.
            Hope everyone out there is having a good season!

Comment

Thanks for asking. Good! We have some customers in dire straights and we groomed their pets at no charge. Most of my employees are OK, one with boyfriend problems. We have to help her leave them at home though, too emotional in the holiday crunch but she has gotten through it before. Happy holidays everyone.

Comment

Better 4them by your asking and caring. We have found a few having a bad time and did what we could to help. One of my staff actually took some of her tips and handed to a regular. Sorry, but crying a little again. 80 year old lost her husband, no kids, does the best she can on SS. Anyway, we comped the groom and gave her grocery money.

Comment

Doing well here, and thanks for asking! Turned in my notice at work today. I am giving almost a full month notice but I know my GM wishes I could stay until February. I wish I could but my new place needs me ASAP. It's going to be a hard January as I juggle 2 jobs, grooming school and being pregnant. Speaking of, Little Bean is doing great well. I'm 10 1/2 weeks pregnant now. Always tired. Always hungry! Can't wait to tell my Nana on Christmas.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Comment

Had a bit of stress here with my father having major surgery and a cancer scare but thankfully he is cancer free and recovering well. I was glad to be busy at work so I didn't have time to dwell on everything. Grateful for all my family and friends and I'm grateful for each and everyone of you on this board. Merry Christmas!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

What a thoughtful thread, 4them! All is good, I am all booked here, the week before Christmas have been fully booked with regulars since early December. Strangely, did not get many calls wanting to get in, until today. Had three walk-ins and several calls who wanted their dogs groomed "yesterday". One lady, after I told her I don't have anything available until after Christmas, said "you, too?"

Comment

Ahhhhh thanks for asking. We have had a good holiday season this year. Very few openings went unfilled and now there are no more. We really haven't heard or seen of down things happening unless you listen to the news LOL. I like to watch holiday movies on Hallmark channel this time of year rather than anything dark or stressful and while they may be silly, I feel in rhythm with the season. Hope everyone here finishes the race well and takes a few days for themselves.

Comment

Thanks for replies. Now after 28 groomers and 8 baths today I am asking myself, AM I OKAY?

Yes I am but going to love the next 3 day break. Lots of extra gifts today from customers, treats treats treats though, but good thing having friends over 26th and can unload some of that sugar!

Hooking up my ipod to the home soundbar now to listen to my holiday playlist, the one I played all day, MINUS barking, phones, and dryers. AHHHH. I have become a techie NOT, but better.

Comment

Working...
                          X