Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They put the welsh terrier in a schnauzer clip!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They put the welsh terrier in a schnauzer clip!

I was not sure where to put this and just ranting. They cheated. Came to me several times because I did proper pattern. Well then they boarded the dogs and let kennel groom them. What the h *ll do I do? Gonna have to regrow legs chest and sides. Its back legs are shaved all the way down to the hock!Ugh.... dang

As far as I know Welshies don't have chest, side or butt hair. I looked it up and there are definitely two rules of , but I'm pretty sure the current trend IS more like a schnauzer.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
      As far as I know Welshies don't have chest, side or butt hair. I looked it up and there are definitely two rules of , but I'm pretty sure the current trend IS more like a schnauzer.
      Kinda right. All long legged terrier trims are similar to a snz. Always have been. Not a trend just correct pattern. Www.groomingsmarter.com has a tutorial on the airedale done by a top handler and one if the top groomers in the country. If you have been leaving poofy hips its an incorrect pattern.
      <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Particentral View Post
        Kinda right. All long legged terrier trims are similar to a snz. Always have been. Not a trend just correct pattern. Www.groomingsmarter.com has a tutorial on the airedale done by a top handler and one if the top groomers in the country. If you have been leaving poofy hips its an incorrect pattern.
        You definitely find poofy hipped patterns in the older grooming books though.

Comment

http://petgroomingthegoodthebadthefu...g-changes.html

Comment

Havent been leaving poofy hips. Whoever groomed her shaved her back down w a #10. Will definately look over materials you posted. Thanks.

Comment

Oh my gosh! I really need to get a new book! And out more

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
                You definitely find poofy hipped patterns in the older grooming books though.
                You do. But tgey are wrong. I can show you pictures from the thirties. Show photos. Just. Like. Now. The patterns never changed its just that the people writing and teaching were tsught wrong too.
                <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

Parti is right. They have always had their bodies "done like a schnauzer". The head is different though. Not as much beard and eyebrow.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
                    Oh my gosh! I really need to get a new book! And out more
                    LOL Dusty

Comment

Well owner does prefer the way I have been trimming her prior to sch style. We discussed it and will bevdoingvthe same as usual. But will still update books

Comment

Working...
                      X