Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you book breeds that have the word Collie in them.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you book breeds that have the word Collie in them.....

do you write them in the book as a Collie, or do you specify, Border, Bearded, R.C., etc? I find reception will put just "Collie", or BC down in the book. I haven't worked where I am that long yet so once I learn the clients I guess it won't be a big deal, but right now I can't guess that a "collie" might be a Border and have it come in as a R.C., which has happened. :S
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Where I live, even Border Collies can vary from 40 to 80 pounds and from slight feathering on legs to tons of undercoat and furnishings.

Comment

For me, a collie is a rough collie. I've never seen a smooth outside of a dog show. A Bearded Collie is listed as a beardie, a border collie is BC.

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
        For me, a collie is a rough collie. I've never seen a smooth outside of a dog show. A Bearded Collie is listed as a beardie, a border collie is BC.
        This is how I go.

We're digital now, but when we did it by hand (or when I'm typing), Collie is 100% a Rough Collie.

Beardies are Beardies.
        Border Collies are BC.
        Smooth Collies are Smooth Collies.

Comment

We really don't get bearded collies here, so they'd probably be listed as bearded collie.
          Collie = rough collie
          Smooth collie
          BC= Border Collie

Comment

Ditto. But when you look on Pet Finder, and you type in Collie, or even Rough Collie, all that comes up are tons of Bordie Collies and mixes. (Was looking to find a nice Collie to rescue). Ypou should show some photos of those breeds to your receptionist and explain the obvious differences to her.
            Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cockerlvr View Post
              I used to own a smooth border collie. But yes, a collie is a rough collie, and a border collie is a BC. I used to just label them all as collies, but I caught myself off guard a few times. Now I'm much more careful--lesson learned[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Absolutely I know where we work unless it is "lassie" Collie, there must be a more detailed description.

Comment

Working...
                X