Will pay extra

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will pay extra

Have you had those calls yet for Christmas week appointments? Nice try but no way. Get on the cancellation list.

Always use a cancelation list. But I have used this before.....MUST be groomed? Ok, a regular price groom is 3 times the regular amount (not price gouging, just charging for stupid)....I only have 6am appts available. ......they shut up and go for cancelation list.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I'm shameless. The more money, the more accommodating I am willing to be. For enough money, I'll work Christmas Day.

Comment

They will be calling all day long every day Christmas week with grooming "emergencies", if it's like last year. I wish corp would let us have an answering machine so they could just leave name & number for the cancel list.

Comment

I don't blame you at all Totally, you are funny. Once you own a larger business with staff that approach changes, but sure it works for you, go for it!

Comment

I say thanks but that's not the issue because I have staff.

Comment

Yup, happening daily here. Had a lady today, that if I could've possibly fit her in I would have. She had a Lab, just a bath, but I can only work during vet office hours. So she is on my cancellation list instead. She was willing to pay double.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This year I got smart after years of listening to whinning, begging "once-in-awhile" customers trying to cajole their way into an appointment.........I have a message on my machine that tells the next available appointment date, and informs them of cancellation list. When the phone rings a name will pop up and if it is not someone who already has an appointment before Christmas, it goes to VM. This has saved me lots of time and stress.....yipee!

Comment

You know, those kinds of "I'll pay extra" clients is how Jay Scruggs started his lucrative membership fee system for his clients to get an appointment with him. Maybe you could shape that into your own "Christmas Club" , "Winter Wash" program for next year. There are also many groomers I know that only do touch up/ mini groom's the two or three weeks leading up to Christmas. Less pressure, more dogs able to be groomed. Of course if that OAY Doodle calls in it's still a no!

Comment

What I hate is when they try and guilt you into working their dog in. Last Christmas I had a client call on Christmas Eve Eve. When ain't told her I had no openings she said, "Looks like I did too good a job spreading the original around town about how good a job you do."

FYI it worked, I came in Christmas Eve morning and did her dog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jemsadaar View Post
                      What I hate is when they try and guilt you into working their dog in. Last Christmas I had a client call on Christmas Eve Eve. When ain't told her I had no openings she said, "Looks like I did too good a job spreading the original around town about how good a job you do."

FYI it worked, I came in Christmas Eve morning and did her dog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Lol, yep you fell for it....but it was nice of you to do.
                      I have no appts left thru end of yr (also working my Mondays off in Dec).......had one call this am EARLY (her appt was today)....hurt her back, in bed for 3 days! This I can understand as hubby is in bed with his bad back as well, so we worked "something" out.
                      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

The week of Christmas I only do my best paying clients. All others will have to wait till after Christmas. I can not possible do all my clients the week before Christmas.

Comment

Where I live this happens a lot, but so what, I don't react and just say I cannot.

Comment

I Haven't gotten any calls with people willing to pay extra...I'd treat them like everyone else and just put them on a cancellation list....instead though I've had numerous calls from people who go to the vet groomer down the street who can't get in bc they are booked until Jan. And EVERY SINGLE ONE tells me how much they pay over there and asks if I can match or beat it. Ummm NO. I told you my price and what few spots I still have open. Take it or leave it. Maybe next year they'll plan better.

Comment

So we have a cancellation list going and I was curious. I usually go by first come first serve. So the first person on the waiting list is the first one I would call if there is an opening. My boss picks and chooses based on who are regulars and who are just a once a year. Now I understand wanting to cater to regulars and thank them for their loyalty, but what about the pet? The dog that is in once a year you know needs the groom more than the regular does, and if it is a regular they should've planned for the holiday in advance, right?
                              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X