Square chip reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Square chip reader

Blah! It needs to be charged! At first I thought mine was defective, because it worked the first time, and then it wouldn't connect. Nowhere in the instructions did I see where it needs to be charged every day. Kind of negates the convenience factor. If I bring it in the house to charge I risk forgetting it when I leave for the day. Just not that happy.

Charged? I have never charged mine. Is it the chip card reader?

Comment

Originally posted by The Dusty Muzzle View Post
      Charged? I have never charged mine. Is it the chip card reader?
      Yes, it's the chip reader. I've pretty much reverted to using my old one because of it.

Comment

My understanding is the swipe fee are the same, chip or mag strip, but if the card has a chip and you don't use a chip reader and there is some type of stolen card number or fraud, we the merchant is responsible, not the bank like it's always had been. I have not switched over and no plan to at this point. The fees remain the same and I'm not worried about fraud being such a small service business.

Comment

I'm still waiting for mine, that I preordered in Jul

Comment

Originally posted by Gracie's Mum View Post
            I'm still waiting for mine, that I preordered in Jul
            Did you order the one for Apple pay? Cause my chip reader came right away.

Comment

So they need power for the new cards?

Comment

Originally posted by petstimes2 View Post
                So they need power for the new cards?
                The chip reader has a battery yes. It is quite different from the old one that just said reader connected. It flashes up at the top and says creating secure connection, then reader ready, then it tells you to insert it, and don't remove it until the transaction is approved.

Comment

Working...
                X