Walmart Fabric Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Walmart Fabric Rant

Remember when Walmart ended a lot of fabric came back, but problem now. TRY TO FIND SOMEONE TO CUT IT. OMG our local store is *(#&%)#&*. Wait 20 minutes to find someone!!!!!!!! Ok I am done.

Yes..yes..yes...My experience as well....I ALWAYS have to run someone down so I too am done......I go to JoAnn's and pay more per yard but the fabric is prettier and I get good service.....sometimes a low BP is worth the xtra money

Comment

Lol! I can understand your rant since it's the same story here. There's been a time or two when I've wanted to make a beeline for the store manager's ofiice, plop the bolt on his desk, and say "I'll take five yards please"!

Comment

I've cut my own before. Always in even amounts so it's "easy" for the front counter people to figure out. Oh, it still puts them in a tizzy. BUT, there is always someone in fabric now!

Comment

Lol dogma, sounds like what I would do.
          Was in Walmart in fabric section yesterday looking for binding (making crate mats)....there was a lady trying to get some fabric cut.....she was steaming over trying to find someone to help her! Must be a round the US Walmart thing. :/
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Service is TERRIBLE everywhere at our Walmart, I try to shop elsewhere. LONG lines to checkout, forget fabric. Electronics, got to be kidding they rarely have anyone knowledgeable.

Comment

I saw the ad here and got material at Bandanas Unlimited, I won't deal with Walmart service. You are often on your own.

Comment

We buy ours pre-made so we no longer shop Walmart fabric but had same problem. The only people usually knowledgeable that work there were in the cell phone sales.

Comment

When staff is cut to a skeleton crew because the head honchos don't want to "waste" money on payroll, I would imagine having someone hanging out to cut fabric would be a lower priority than having someone staff the checkouts (To get your money) or having someone in the big ticket areas like electronics or appliances (To sell you more things and make sure the expensive product doesn't grow legs)
                  I worked retail 10 years before falling into grooming, and it's sad how a lot of the big name stores are "Economizing" their practices to the point of making shopping a miserable experience for both customers and (especially!) the staff.

Comment

Once I got so tired of waiting and having retail experience, I was ready to just do it myself!Save for a couple of nice older ladies that are there, everyone always looks so ticked off like I am causing them such inconvenience. WTF people, you're getting paid! You don't like it, find a different job.
                    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I rarely go to Walmart any more and buy great products online at Walmart prices if you do your homework. Saves time, no but why spend my money and the good service I give, and go to Walmart get BAD service??????????

Comment

We get our fabric from bandana unlimited, fast service, good quality.

Comment

Working...
                        X