Can I say "includes massage".....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I say "includes massage".....

if I am not an actual masseuse? I would really like to start offering Madra Mud spa in our line up and market it it in a way that it says they get a "massage" as part of the package. A colleague said that unless I am a licensed masseuse I can't say that. If not then what can I say to imply it? An invigorating rub down? For those that offer Madra Mud what do you do and say as i know they company encourages massage with their products.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Maybe can put massage in quotes, just like some groomers put "Doggy Spa Day" in quotes? We all know that the dogs at "doggy spa day" aren't treated exactly like humans are during a human spa day.

Comment

I have never heard of a licensed pet masseuse, some are certified, which is optional. So I don't think it applies to pet massage. Couldn't you say you massage the product for let sit for several minutes etc which is true if done as directed.

Comment

My 2 cents... I do not see why you wouldnt be able to. Considering that the instructions for use specifically say that is how the product is to be applied. Even the brochure you received with the product gives both grommet and pet owner well defined instructions on how to perform said massage. So I say yes. And I do also

Comment

I tend to agree, there is no law that says you have to be licensed to do pet massage I know of.

Comment

As long as you are not stating that it is a therapeutic massage designed to heal aches and pains and resolve medical issues then you massage the pet. We all do massage when we base. As long as you are not stating that it is a therapeutic massage design to heal aches and pains and resolve medical issues then you massage the pet. We all do massage to some degree when we bathe them.

Comment

Just add the word pet, say pet massage and yes you can IMO.

Comment

Maybe used as a verb in your advert...like "product is massaged" into the hair/onto the skin.

Comment

State laws will vary. Check with your local Department of Agriculture or the State Veterinarian.
                  Certified Master Pet Tech Pet CPR, First Aid and Care Instructor
                  "Compassion will cure more sins than condemnation." Henry Ward Beecher US Congregational Minister 1813-1887

Comment

Massage it for required amount of time......then Yes, you can say it!!!!!
                    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! I think I like the way Wild4westies put it in that the product is "massaged" into coats. That way clients get the idea without inferring I am actually doing a in depth therapeutic massage.
                      It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Here is a link to WA state which will certify animal massage practicioners with credentials...perhaps you can check your state... http://www.doh.wa.gov/LicensesPermit...seRequirements

That is for credentials but I agree that it is most likely how you use the word massage and present yourself in sales. When you find that dept in your state a quick phone call to them would likely provide a safe answer on how you can use "massage."
                        Most questions regarding GroomerTALK are answered in the Board Help Talk Forum. Thanks for coming to our community a part of PetGroomer.com https://www.petgroomer.com.

Comment

Working...
                        X