Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you like me on this? Invites for holiday events, but..........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you like me on this? Invites for holiday events, but..........

TOO TIRED. I am usually just too tired after booked days and days I just feel like a face plant on the sofa or bed, saying, tomorrow is booked I need a rest! Sorry I cannot come to your party....don't take it personal! The life of a groomer at least for me over 40.

It's hard enough for me to drag myself out to my kids' events. No parties happening for me. Unless I have the next day off. If I have to do something after work that keeps me out late (you know past nine lol) I am dragging the next day.

Comment

No way for me! I tell them New Years Eve maybe but often don't make it to midnite LOL

Comment

Fortunately all my peers are as old as I am or older do nothing late ever.
        Having a dinner tomorrow to plan Christmas gathering but will be in bed by 9:30.
        I pet sit and have forwarded a notice that I am unable to help anyone until after the 1st. Not killing myself again.
        Love that clients and friends want to include me but all understand ( I hope).

Comment

No parties as the holidays get closer for me. But today will g to a nice Christmas concert in the afternoon. We have too much work and stress to stretch ourselves too far.

sittingpretty

Comment

No party's for me.......it is too late if it is dark outside, lol.
            Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

It's not so much that I hate Christmas or the whole holiday season. Just everything about it. Christmas parties run pretty close to the top of that list.

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only who feels this way. This year the family dinner is at my house so not working at all Christmas Eve. Not going to hubby's company dinner either and my Sunday School class is having a Christmas Brunch on Sunday morning next week so no EXTRA time had to be set aside...smart! We are all too stressed this time of year and it takes the joy out of it. Family is most important and this year I decided to save the little bit of energy I have left for them. Merry Christmas to you all!

Comment

I am at a Christmas party for a group my husband belongs to as I type this.....bored out of my mind. My husband hates missing a party...so wished I stayed home and finished putting our laundry laundry as that would be more entertaining than this!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I rarely get out of the house and when I do it's usually for work or to run errands so I am ALL about the social gatherings. I love my three year old, but it's nice to have some adult conversation once in awhile.
                    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I guess I dodged a bullet here. My husband's boss is too cheap (despite having a successful year) to throw any sort of a holiday gathering, other than an employee only pot luck lunch. He did give us a "bonus" last year of a spiral sliced ham, which was thoughtful. Then he and his family jetted off to
                      South America for a vacation!

Comment

I don't do any Christmas events after the first week of December. We are open 6 days a week at least until Christmas and that's intense enough. I might attend a New Years Party.

Comment

I just don't have time for holiday events, the grooming salon is an event in itself. But we take extra time off after the holiday and 3 days before New Years is booked. Our annual deep clean of the salon is scheduled for the whole week starting January 2. Employees that need work badly can get some hourly work cleaning, painting. We clean every crevice, corner. Feels great to start the new year like new.

Comment

Working...
                          X