Grooming in a playcare facility.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grooming in a playcare facility.

Does anyone have any experience grooming in a playcare facility? I may have an opportunity to work in one with another groomer and a bather. I like the place, the setup and the manager. I think it could be a great opportunity for me. They are interested in me and want to offer their clients creative grooming and dying, which I want to get into. Any input?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I think it depends. If the dogs that are there playing are in the same area as you groom then I have heard groomers complain of noise, dogs running into them while they groom, messes on the floor, dogs on the table being distracted.
    If it's a whole separate area then it's probably very similar to work in a straight grooming salon.
    Also depends on if they expect you to also care for the daycare dogs. Hard to say without knowing how it's set up/run/what they expect of you.

Comment

The grooming area is in a separate building and I won't have anything to do with the playcare. I think my biggest problem associated with the setup is dogs playing, being hyper, then coming in for a groom.

Comment

Hmm, I would think that it would calm them down rather than rile them up for grooming.

Comment

Originally posted by MysticRealm View Post
          Hmm, I would think that it would calm them down rather than rile them up for grooming.
          I would think so as well
          Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

The problem I saw was a place that had you put a finished groomed dog in playcare afterward, and the dog interacts and gets even scummed with with saliva from other dogs and your groom looks bad.

Comment

Originally posted by 1 Clean Puppy View Post
              The problem I saw was a place that had you put a finished groomed dog in playcare afterward, and the dog interacts and gets even scummed with with saliva from other dogs and your groom looks bad.
              Agreed. I work in a daycare/boarding facility. They usually try to schedule borders as close to their pick up days as possible and keep them as clean as they can but you know by the time the owner see's them that quaft top knot you worked so hard on is now flat and starting to curl.
              It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
              Henry David Thoreau

Comment

You can never send groomed pets to the playcare with others. There goes the groom.

Comment

I was thinking playtime then groom then kennel.........
                  Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. If I get the job, I'll be sure to ask them about how dogs spend the rest of their day after their groom. The idea of a freshly groomed dog being presented to their owners with fresh slobber in their ears or mud on their paws is rather unsettling.

In other news, I passed my IPG Certified Pet Groomer practical yesterday. I got a 96. I haven't been graded on anything for over 14 years so I was surprised when my reaction was to secretly want to know everyone else's score to see how high I ranked, haha.

Comment

Working...
                    X