Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

Today was rough!! My assistant decided to go on lunch and texts me that she quits. She couldn't handle the stress..ugh! Anyways just wondering if it's even worth it as far as an assistant goes. I've had one really Awesome assistant but ever since she moved on it's been an uphill battle. I guess they just don't have the passion I have for grooming. What do y'all think? How many dogs do y'all do alone? Just so disappointed and upset. Not really wanting to go through this again[emoji30]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do a max of 8 alone. I do have a receptionist that helps with check in and check out though. Do you have any grooming schools near you? A newbie groomer might make an excellent assistant.
    It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
    Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I do in Baltimore I believe. I'm in southern md but I could definitely check into that!! Great idea! Thank you!!

Comment

Also check vocational schools

Comment

People who have worked with horses and have good references are great! Dependable, strong, good with animals, and usually happy to be working indoors.

Comment

You can also call local vets. Sometimes you may find someone who knows a prospect; maybe a daughter or son who also has "animal passion." There are also high schools who offer tech programs (CNA, fire rescue, etc.) One near me has a vet tech program. These students could be great assistants.

sittingpretty

Comment

Thank you all for the advice!! I will look into everything you suggested. Wish me luck[emoji1][emoji1]

Comment

I comfortably can do full grooms on 5 in an 7 hour day. Have done as many as 7 though a few times in 8 hours.

Comment

Working...
                X