Irritated body face folds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritated body face folds

I use a little powder after a good dry for the skin folds that show some irritated red down in the fold. I think some owners don't pay attention. I advise them on using a little powder and keeping an eye on it, go to vet etc. Anyone else do something else?

Talcum powder here too. If the owner occasionally bathes the dog tell them about drying them right. That is often the cause.

Comment

In a salon I use to work for she use to use medicated gold bond powder. I know ther a times when I have used this on my self and get a weird burning sensation. It wasn't painful, just uncomfortable for a minute or so. I assume pet's would have the same sdensation. Do think it's ok to use the medicated one, or just stick to the plain?
      It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
      Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I like the idea, but is there a pet specific product on the market? I wonder if Terrier Chalk would do the same trick. I would also like to start using it when I have to clip out severely matted testicle areas.

Comment

I have heard on humans or pets not to use a cornstarch based one. If it is a fungal problem the cornstarch actually might at first soothe but the cornstarch feeds the fungus.

Comment

True that some medicated ones do use the cornstarch "food" but the medication counters it, but let me ask, does that make any sense? Find a simple non food based powder, that's all they need, something to reduce the moisture and let the air take care of the problem. HOWEVER I do recommend NOT to dry the fold areas WITH HEAT. Use nonheated air. It seems when you use heated air it can actually warm the area and maintain the moisture too.

Comment

I have heard that before too, makes sense.

Comment

I avoid scented too, sometimes the perfumes aggravate.

Comment

Working...
                X