How do I word this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I word this

I just started grooming out of my home, so I'm working on my flyers and adds. I posted a craigslist add, and my first response was someone who thought I was a mobile groomer, or a in her home groomer. How can I word this so people know I work out of MY home?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can simply say "grooming out of my home-based salon".

Comment

When I opened my home-based salon, I didn't even mention that it was at my home in any of my ads or flyers. Some people have an aversion to a home biz as there are many fly-by-night 'groomers' with some clippers, scissors and little knowledge who try to go into business. Make your ad sound as professional as possible-even put in a few pics of pets you've groomed...as they say,'a picture is worth a thousand words'.
      Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

Ditto. Your salon just happens to be in your residence. Don't make a big deal of it and gently clarify if callers are mistaken. Sometimes we tend to try to explain to much and trip ourselves up.
        Long time ago I was taught a few thousand it's in negotiations - the main one is KISS ( keep it simple. silly)

Comment

Originally posted by colliesarecool View Post
          I just started grooming out of my home, so I'm working on my flyers and adds. I posted a craigslist add, and my first response was someone who thought I was a mobile groomer, or a in her home groomer. How can I word this so people know I work out of MY home?

My website has information of the various benefits of choosing a home based salon. On my flyers I direct people first to my phone, then to my website. (for people who like to research)

On the website I advertise the various benefits of the home based salon in the Book Appointment and the About us page. if you blog you can go in depth of why people should choose your home based salon but I've never truly had a problem just maybe a few extra questions from clients

Comment

Thanks everybody I'll take off the home based grooming part of my flyer, that might confuse people. I'm starting a website so I'll go into the Benefits in the blog part...... I really need to remember the KISS rule lol, in the about me part I've deleted so much, no one cares that I was sitting In the break room at petsmart when the salon manager came in and told me how awesome grooming is lol

Comment

Working...
            X