Feeling pretty grateful these days!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feeling pretty grateful these days!

With a bit of negativity going around lately (on the board and in life in general) I thought I'd share some good stuff with you guys!

I am so grateful that last month I was able to purchase two new electric lift tables and the dura dog electric lift tub from groomers choice. I am so in love with my new equipment! It's made big dogs sooo much easier to groom and they've saved our backs! Also grateful for my new bather. Good help is hard to find. She has no prior experience, but she's a super hard worker and listens, takes notes, and does everything and more that I ask of her. She's really picking this up quickly and actually learning why the bath and blow dry are critical to a great clip. Some others I've tried just don't care and it shows. It's the difference from being able to have 7-10 dogs in a day to 10-15 that I really love!

Grateful to have awesome clients and a steady flow of newcomers to add to my base as I'm growing the business.

And of course, grateful for my family and my health and being able to do what I love, on my terms, and support my family!

Sooo...what are you guys grateful for?

Pretzel, how wonderfully amazing that you started this thread. Was brushing out a bichon today and thought I'd ask something similar. Glad you got it first.

I'm appreciative that the business has kept growing enough to replace the ones that have died or moved out of state. Grateful that I had a chance to attend Hershey to refresh my vision, and will always be so grateful to everyone who helped out with and extended themselves to my 92 yo mother who attended as well (we received her diagnosis of mid degree dementia two weeks ago so that was her last trip ).

It's been a good year for bathers and assistants. They have a passion to grow and learn how to improve their skills - and they are a pleasure to spend a few hours with them each day.

And I'm appreciative to have this Forum to connect with for laughter, guidance, knowledge, encouragement, a place to rant, and a place to find answers n

Comment

Successful small business that supports us, my wonderful husband, life in the country, good dogs, good health for all of us, and last but not least all the wonderful giving ppl on this board.
      Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I'll bite. I'm grateful for my husband and his job. He's finally working somewhere where he's happy and it more than pays the bills. I'm grateful to have found a career that I love and am passionate about. I'm grateful for the opportunity to go to school and to keep improving! I'm grateful to work somewhere where I am valued and where my manager is willing to work with me and addresses my issues.

More than anything, I'm grateful for my sobriety through which all of this is possible. I'm grateful for my sober friends, my supportive, loving family and the program that continues to save my life. I'm grateful to be 7 weeks pregnant and not terrified of screwing it up. I'm so very, very grateful for my fellowship and the men and women who so feely share their strength, hope and love with me.

And of course, I am grateful for this board and the other boards I visit that give me so much community and support for what's important in my life. I feel honored to be in such wonderful company and to be allowed to participate in this amazingly supportive community.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh I don't let one person make it seem there is negativity around here. Takes a lot more than 1. I love your posts Pretzel!

Comment

I am grateful that after career in biology I now have second one, grooming dogs. I am grateful for my husband - he does not particularly care for dogs, but totally supports me in my grooming business, answers the phones, keeps the salon clean and even cleans up pee puddles He also listens and remembers, when I share with him what I learned from this forum and other sources, so when he talks to the customers he sounds knowledgeable and people think he is a groomer, too.
            I am grateful for my customers - furry and human, who are for the most part, 99% of them, wonderful and I enjoy coming to work every day, looking forward to seeing them.
            I am grateful that everyone in the family is healthy, and life is good.
            And thank you, Pretzel, for starting this thread!
            Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Pretzel View Post
              With a bit of negativity going around lately (on the board and in life in general) I thought I'd share some good stuff with you guys!

I am so grateful that last month I was able to purchase two new electric lift tables and the dura dog electric lift tub from groomers choice. I am so in love with my new equipment! It's made big dogs sooo much easier to groom and they've saved our backs! Also grateful for my new bather. Good help is hard to find. She has no prior experience, but she's a super hard worker and listens, takes notes, and does everything and more that I ask of her. She's really picking this up quickly and actually learning why the bath and blow dry are critical to a great clip. Some others I've tried just don't care and it shows. It's the difference from being able to have 7-10 dogs in a day to 10-15 that I really love!

Grateful to have awesome clients and a steady flow of newcomers to add to my base as I'm growing the business.

And of course, grateful for my family and my health and being able to do what I love, on my terms, and support my family!

Sooo...what are you guys grateful for?
              Lovely Pretzel. It's important to embrace even the lessons we learn and that which we take for granted.

Comment

Grateful for spending the last week with my husband's awesome family from out-of-town & now today with my extended family. My family has been my biggest supporters of my career change & for that, I am truly blessed. Without my wonderful clients, I would not be here...& I am grateful for every person on this board. You have helped me on this incredible journey that I love, and I am grateful to all of you. Blessings to you all![emoji173]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X