No announcement yet.

two questions. before you do the haircut on dogs do you brush the hair up and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two questions. before you do the haircut on dogs do you brush the hair up and

That's if your gonna use a extension comb or blade? I think it helps get alot of the hair. And, my one set of curves is being sharpened so I've been using cheap ones from petsmart called top paw ball tipped curve scissors and they work great for alot of the trimming..is that dumb of me

Brushing the hair up before clipping is called backbrushing, and yes, it makes some haircuts easier/neater but not on all coats. Depending on how the hair naturally wants to fall, and a lot of differences in textures, you get better results with different techniques. As far as the cheap scissors, that really depends on how they work for you. I see no problem in using a cheap setvas backup as long as they work.

Comment

I bought a cheap pair of thinning shears by Martha Stewart from petsmart. I do not use for finishing but they work great to loosen a tight mat or thin eye corners prior to bathing. Whatever works for you.

Comment

It is more important, yet do it either way, if the coat has not been stretch dried correct.

Comment

Working...
        X