Raised prices at Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raised prices at Christmas

I mentioned this some time back, and yep, can you believe a business in town raised prices at the holidays. OMG

Can we say Scrooge?!!
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

NOT Nice! I like to raise prices April 1st. It is a light hearted day anyway, and I can always add new clients during the spring rush if I should need to.

Comment

Maybe they are in desperate need of income and decided they had to raise prices before the slow period. A lot of people and businesses who look like they're doing alright are actually just barely making it.

Comment

Originally posted by Emma123 View Post
          Maybe they are in desperate need of income and decided they had to raise prices before the slow period. A lot of people and businesses who look like they're doing alright are actually just barely making it.
          because I am having a hard time grooming I HAD to raise rices to pay my bills. payroll percentage has gone through the roof until I start grooming again, so we have had to raise prices moderately on some dogs to cover my expenses. Without knowing their circumstances its not fair for you to judge them. MAybe their rent was just raised? Maybe their light bill went higher. MAYBE they just wanted to make a living....
          <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

True parti. My rent just went up $200 a month. Mind you it stayed the same for many years, but that was an unexpected hike

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe they want to get rid of undesirable clients or do less grooms but make the same money. You know work smarter not harder. So now is the time to raise prices when every body wants their pets groomed for the holidays. What good does it do to raise prices after the holidays when everyone just got their pet groomed? You won't see any profit for 3 to 4 months till spring arrives.

Comment

Get real people. Its none of your business to criticize someone for raising prices to make a living.

Comment

Originally posted by Tif View Post
                  Get real people. Its none of your business to criticize someone for raising prices to make a living.
                  ia agree 10000%. I see an "attitude" developing in many areas of this industry. I don't like it at all. It includes employees versus bossesand the boss stealing their money. Raking it in off their backs....and how Dare they ask an employee to work holidays at the kennel even though they were hired with that provision. I am so tired of it.......its a major reason i don't post here often anymore and why i removed myself drom all the groomers facebook grpups except my own.. .sad really that groomers think they should be able to badmouth other groomers for trying to be profitable. ....shaking my head here. Really don't understand
                  <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

I always thought it was the norm to raise prices arund the holidays. Old shop I worked at did a $2.00 increase on small dogs and $3.00 on larger ones every year. Clients all knew ahead of time. Probably less likely to have people complain since they are usually desperate to have fluffy groomed to look nice for family/photos. And I def agree that no one should judge when/why a place raises prices. Everyone has to do what's best for them and have a successful business. I personally will not raise prices this year bc I opened in January. But next year I will. And it will likely be around this time of year to help offset the slow period in January

Comment

I adore my clients and would never raise their prices during the Holidays because I don't believe anyone needs that unexpected burden! A couple $$ is a lot to some people. I always plan on my bills being bigger at Christmas with extra shampoo/water/electricity/etc. so an increase here & there is something I have planned on & saved for all year. No fair pulling the RUG out from under clients!

Comment

I've often thought of raising prices at the holidays to weed out those who only want to use you because they couldn't get in at their regular groomers. I see both sides and don't really care how others run their business

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pugnacious View Post
                          I adore my clients and would never raise their prices during the Holidays because I don't believe anyone needs that unexpected burden! A couple $$ is a lot to some people. I always plan on my bills being bigger at Christmas with extra shampoo/water/electricity/etc. so an increase here & there is something I have planned on & saved for all year. No fair pulling the RUG out from under clients!
                          I adore my clients as well and since I want to be there next month to groom for them I raised some prices this month. If I don't I will not be able to pay my bills. Now THAT would be pulling the rug out!

Comment

Originally posted by pugnacious View Post
                            What's the difference between raising at xmas or a month or two later when they have credit card bills coming in? I don't see a difference. If it's your normal thing to raise price at end or beginning of each year then do your normal thing. Any de client will realize it f their costs have gone up so have yours. In parti case I'm sure they see her arm cast./ wrap and understand

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Comment

Totally agree with the previous posts! Clients get used to our schedules & know when we normally increase prices. No one should work as hard as we do and just get by! Price increases always mean most will stay - some will go but they will be replaced by our next favorite puppy!

Comment

Working...
                              X