Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brit
    replied
    Seattle has some and I know one of the businesses did really well from the pet owners that go to it.

Leave a comment:

• Totally Clips
    replied
    My dogs are with me wherever I go, like literally at least 95% of the time. Our travels include sidewalks, nature trails, business areas, woodsy areas, just some of everywhere. I'm no less likely to visit a dog park with them for fear of disease. They aren't really a thing here, but I wouldn't have a problem going if they were just because my dogs are already everywhere and probably exposed to so much.

Leave a comment:

• Moses
    replied
    We have several in Katy. My hubby takes all 3 of our guys regularly. He of course knows he is in charge of bathing them asap. Moses, my lab, is the only one that will h o into any and all of the water. The only thing is if he doesnt get a bath and ears done his skin will blow up with funk. So maybe just stay away from the water. ii had looked into some property very close to a park but they want a Grateful amount of money for it.

Leave a comment:

• dogma
    replied
    I've been to many and have always had good luck. Some are better then others (and the Golden Gate Park one is GREAT as Pets says). People are friendly and responsible.
    I don't think they are any more of a germ factory then the average dog show....in fact, probably less so.

However, you either love 'em or hate 'em and seldom will your mind be changed by how the other feels.

Leave a comment:

• petstimes2
    replied
    We went to the one in Golden Gate Park and loved it.

Leave a comment:

• BeeJL
    replied
    I took my two terriers to a dog park while I was visiting my mother in FL. The ground was sand with some grass growing in it. Rosie started digging and within a few seconds she had a pretty good tunnel going. Somebody got bent out of shape and about it so I told Rosie not to do that and she stopped. Then I noticed about two dozen rabbits hanging out on the other side of the fence. Someone said the rabbits like to watch the dogs. Before I could react, Greta was under the fence scattering them. Oops. Then someone found some dog poo and thought my dogs had done it. I said no, my dogs go in the woods or in tall grass, not where people walk. At that point we left.

Leave a comment:

• TootsiePie
    replied
    I would definitely open near a dog park if I could because I want self serve and full serve and holistic products.

Leave a comment:

• Lacey33
    replied
    As far as bacteria it's on our daily walks.

Leave a comment:

• Lacey33
    replied
    I travel 40 min. to our nearest free fenced dog park (it's only a small town) . Everyone I've met so far is responsible, cleans up after their dog and no one takes aggressive dogs to the park. We have one in the city but they charge, for a small city like we are it's ridiculous to charge. I wish we had one closer, fenced and didn't charge. I think they are great as long as people are responsible.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Good question and this came to me in 2004 by several groomers seeking business counseling and business plans. I was still personally writing business plans for people in that time and later created the DIY business plan helper. Now some groomers came to me and said they believed having a shop and self serve within a couple blocks of a dog park would be a benefit. I wrote their plans and I still know these groomers in 3 different states. They boomed, one even opened 2 more locations at other dog parks on other sides of their major city. They all offered BOTH self service and full service. They thought self service would be enough but I counseled they would still get requests for full service, and they did so they came back and learned more about groomer employment.

So I can say for some groomers it was a HUGE boost to growth to cater to the needs of dog park visitors, and I notice at some around us I have seen groomers not located nearby but passing out their business cards at dog parks.

Leave a comment:

• IrishSetterTom
    replied
    Bacteria factory. Keep my dogs far away.

Leave a comment:

• stacie-gotg
    started a topic Dog Parks

Dog Parks

What are you're opinions on them.
Working...
X