Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fun! Turn the tables on articles warning pet owners about groomers......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun! Turn the tables on articles warning pet owners about groomers......

First I am not putting down articles help pet owners to use discernment in choosing a groomer. We all know there are groomers who shouldn't be grooming for many reasons. That said........

You know those articles that start with 10 Things to Know Before Using a Groomer etc. What about an article for groomers by groomers on those things to know before accepting a pet owner as your customer???? What would you suggest?

New customers that come in bashing other local groomers are a red flag.

Comment

When they say they have Sheltie and bring in a huge Collie, consider the future with this type of customer.

Comment

If they don't allow bling, OMG, LOL

Comment

They need to STAY with the dog !

Comment

Originally posted by pugnacious View Post
            They need to STAY with the dog !
            Right that is a good one, danger will robinson.

Comment

people who try to negotiate price are always problematic....what it I bathe him at home? what if you don't do the nails? etc...

or the ones who come in saying that their "regular" groomer is booked out for 3 weeks. I have one such lady who says this every time she calls. And she always calls at three (we close at 5) and wants her dog to be groomed "right now" and done by 4. (the dog is a toy poo extremely well behaved) I gave in once and did it, and now I'm stuck dealing with her. But now when she calls, I tell her she needs to make a morning appointment and I can no longer take dogs that late. And I usually tell her it has to be the next week. She's def a PITA...always sits in her car ten minutes after pick up and then comes in to complain about something. So I have a feeling her "regular" groomer got tired of dealing with her. I sure know why!!!

Comment

If they try to school you on "proper techniques" or try and use garbled "groomer lingo" then it's a big red flag to me. It's a sign they're going to try and micromanage, and not be open to any deviation to the picture they have in their head, regardless of coat condition, suiatablility of style, or their ability to communicate that image in any meaningful way. They're so determined to tell you they want the ears beveled at this exact level, and don't use the "shavers" because it will irritate pookie's tushie that they don't see any use in being more specific on coat length than "I don't know, leave about 2 inches" on a dog that has legs one step up from felt and is only an inch long to begin with...

Comment

When they have a 10 month old Doodle, never been to a groomer, but "likes her bath"
                  When they say Fluffy bites because he was "abused" 6 years ago.
                  "The last groomer always SHAVED him, even though he didn't have any mats..."
                  "Are you familiar with the Labradoodle haircut?"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedog View Post
                    When they have a 10 month old Doodle, never been to a groomer, but "likes her bath"
                    When they say Fluffy bites because he was "abused" 6 years ago.
                    "The last groomer always SHAVED him, even though he didn't have any mats..."
                    "Are you familiar with the Labradoodle haircut?"

Hilarious and true.

Comment

Love the responses thanks.

Comment

I sure get a lot of " ... you know, a Yorkie Haircut ( or a shih tzu haircut) . "

And "short but not too short"

Comment

I sure get a lot of " ... you know, a Yorkie Haircut ( or a shih tzu haircut) . "

This reminded me; a few weeks ago I had a new client bring in her 12lb yorkie. She wanted it super short because he looked so "messy".

When I tried to get her to be more more specific about length, etc., she said "I want him to look like a show dog. Give him a show cut."

Comment

Short but not too short is my nightmare they often ending up by being clipped at #4 because they say no "shaver" but I don't use a shaver, I use a clipper and there's many lengths!

Comment

Working...
                            X