Power Outages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Power Outages

What are some of your backup procedures should there be one lasting an hour or even more. What if you have a dog wet in the tub? Thank you for suggestions.

I call the owners of dogs I have here. (And this that arn't here yet) and advise them my power is out......never ever have I had a ticked off client due to no power.
    On the other hand....it is storming like a bitch here today....first client's power was out at home so she elected to reschedule even though I have power.
    Best bet is to have generater back up, on my list of upgrades...........
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

We have a generator and run it temporarily to dry dogs and keep heat running when needed.

Comment

We finally bought two big propane generators for the house and kennel about 3 years ago. They're automatic, no power and they come on in seconds.

Where we live it is not uncommon to have unexplained power outages. Last week the power was out for about an hour, for no apparent reason, during work hours. Everything, including hot water heater, dryers, lights, fans, etc. can stay on. It was expensive, but probably one of the better insurance policies we invested in.

Comment

We got a generator enough to run a dryer and a clipper, about $299. Worth every penny in confidence I can at least finish grooms in process.

Comment

Same here we got a $199 generator (on sale) enough to run a clipper, light and small dryer. BUY ONE NOW in winter the sales are not as good.

Comment

My former corp store's assistant manager made the girls groom with flashlights and cordless clippers[emoji22] luckily, I haven't had to face this where I'm at now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Comment

So 2000 watts minimum?

Comment

Originally posted by Catlin View Post
                  My former corp store's assistant manager made the girls groom with flashlights and cordless clippers[emoji22] luckily, I haven't had to face this where I'm at now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
                  OMG, that's cruel! No, seriously, did the assistant mngr. plan to hold the flashlight while the groomer finishes the dog?

Comment

I didn't realize some are so affordable. Thanks.

Comment

I asked for one with help of husband, but said don't you dare call that my Christmas present, lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X