Weird grooming randomness.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird grooming randomness.

It appears that a local groomer is telling people that she trained me. Wth? I know this person casually, have had a few conversations, but no training, employment, co-working, or any such thing. I do refer out to her all the time because I am booked solid (andbecauseIjustplaindon'twanttodosomedogsthereIsa idit). I've had at least two people share that with me. I am hoping maybe there's someone else around here that she did train and they're just misunderstanding and thinking it was me, but they were adamant and specific. It seems like a really weird thing to make up. Our grooming styles and processes are nothing alike (not a value judgment).

That's my grooming randomness for the day. Feel free to share your own.

A former employee I hired after I had been open almost a year and working for three told people the same thing. Doesn't make any sense to me. It used to bother me. Not anymore. Now I find it funny.
    <a href="http://www.groomwise.typepad.com/grooming_smarter" target="_blank">My Blog</a> The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why. –Mark Twain

Comment

If, in fact, she said that, it was probably because you're a good groomer and she feels the need to validate herself to others by claiming you as her protégé . I wouldn't waste time worrying about other people's insecurities.

Comment

Yes I see it as a positive too. Sure beats back stabbing.

Comment

I'm not too bothered by it. Just kind of what the heck. It just seems like a really weird thing to make up (taking what I was told at face value, but you know how that goes). I never realized that "I trained that other groomer" was a thing. TIL.

Comment

Working...
          X