No announcement yet.

What would you put in your dream shop?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you put in your dream shop?

Hi! I'd love some feedback from you guys... I've been a mobile groomer for about 10 years. In January I'm going to open a stationary shop. My question is: if you could open your dream "humane" grooming shop what kinds of things would you do or have? Especially things to help me with my elderly, special needs and large dogs. What other things should I consider? Have any of you tried out the electric grooming tub?
    I'm going to be the only groomer. I'll bathe my own dogs, but am hiring a receptionist/helper. Would really like to keep the straight through grooming much like mobile. (And charge appropriately for it.) My expenses are very reasonable and there is a giant demand for this type of grooming here. I can't believe this dream may be coming true!

If you can have the room for indoor kennels that aren't crates. A friend bought the ones that are in Cabelas and people love the idea that their dog is in a "playpen" instead of a "cage." Plus older dogs can sprawl out. I have a towel warmer, it's a silly little thing, but customers get all excited when I mention this, and how their senior pet gets wrapped up in a warm towel.

Comment

Central Vac and Clipper Vac. Also HV in a closet or wall etc. to cut the noise from the dogs.

Comment

This is just what I'm looking for... I LOVE the idea about the towel warmer. I could see how clients and the dogs would like that. Also trying to figure out a way to keep the dryer noise down. I was amazed at Groom Expo by how quiet the newer force dryers were. Maybe I will look into that too. What do you think about drying the older or heavier big dogs on the floor (maybe in one of those playpens Thanks guys!

Comment

Just curious, why would you want to dry them on the floor. I have a Q table, the largest and it`s great for the large dogs, but open to new ideas.

Comment

I just meant drying them most of the way in some sort of gated off area where they can rest and lay down, with a fan blowing on them. Like cage drying without the cages. Would you use a fan? I'd want to make sure the dog stayed warm- especially in the winter. Being mobile, I've only ever dried completely by hand (k911, stand or hand held dryers.) Often times though, I've thought it would be less stressful for some dogs to cage dry. I like the idea of confined open areas... I know crates are not a terrible thing, and even necessary in a busy shop, but I think Nitewalk is right about people liking the idea their dogs are in "playpens" instead of "cages". I hope I'm making sense, it's getting late

Comment

The 2,400 foot shop model plan by Admin here!!!

Comment

Working...
              X