X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DogGamut
    replied
    Originally posted by Lacey33 View Post
    "Just as simple as lifting the back leg too high,” said Jennie. “If you go above in a certain direction it can cause damage in the stifle area."

That is quoted from the above article. In my course there was never any mention of lifting a leg in a certain direction could cause damage so can someone please chime in and tell me about this. It has not even been mentioned so far in my massage course.
    for that one imo its common sense, ive seen groomers lift legs way too high for no reason. anyone can see its not how the dog is supposed to be. its one of those things that for me means someone can't be a groomer, not even a thought about the comfort of the dog

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied
    Back in the Sixties my mother and father hired a local vet to come to our salon and train all the employees how to property lift front and rear legs.

I watch some groomers facing a dog head on and lifting front fee up to do poodle feet from that position. Lifted too high, front and back legs can be very uncomfortable, even strained. Also I remember him showing us to lift straight up and then a little out to prevent socket damage. It stopped the tug of war you see some groomers do while facing dogs and working on their feet.

Several times over the years I have dropped a big hint to several of our dvd instructors out there to please do a dvd short course with a vet on this topic, but alas, nothing. If I had the free time I would.

There's more too, it is not just about lifting legs. Handling Doxies with those long backs and similar breeds was illustrated too.

The dogs were so much more comfortable and easy to groom when handled as instructed. Joints, sockets and muscles matter.

Leave a comment:

• Lacey33
    replied
    "Just as simple as lifting the back leg too high,” said Jennie. “If you go above in a certain direction it can cause damage in the stifle area."

That is quoted from the above article. In my course there was never any mention of lifting a leg in a certain direction could cause damage so can someone please chime in and tell me about this. It has not even been mentioned so far in my massage course.

Leave a comment:

• Article: 4 Things to Know Before You Leave Your Dog at Groomer

http://www.foxsanantonio.com/news/fe...l#.VkYRR3arRhE

PORTLAND, Oregon -- For pet owners like Caroline Gerlach, sometimes love just isn't a strong enough word.

"Clancy is my best friend in a way that people who aren't dog people just don't understand," Caroline told us.

So when Clancy came back from the groomer with a cut…

"It wasn't bad enough that it needed stitches or anything, but I was a little bit frustrated to see that he had," said Caroline..........
Working...
X