Letter to customers about raising prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter to customers about raising prices

I am going to be raising my prices next March. In order to give all my clients sufficient notice, I am going to post signs within my shop now. Any suggestions on wording? I plan to raise prices depending on breed, haircut, and frequency of grooming by $2-$10 per dog/breed. I have not raised my prices since I opened in 2008.

I would wait til closer to March to let your clients know. Whenever I raised my prices, I started by saying that I hated to do it (which I did), but I must because or rising costs. I'd add, for you, that I haven't had a raise since 2008.
    Old groomers never die, they just go at a slower clip.

Groom on!!!

Comment

I agree with KarlaSnyder. Wait until after the Christmas/Hanukkah /Kwanzaa/New Year holidays have passed before making the announcement.

Comment

I also agree to wait till around March to raise prices. Post signs is all I would do......even this is more advance notice than the grocery store, gas station (can change while you are in line already!), electric bill, ect.
        I just tell them when appt is scheduled or if prebook I tell them when doing reminder texts.
        Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I don't believe any letter is necessary especially since you haven't raised prices in 7 years! Holy Cow most of your clients will probably say they've been expecting it. Put up a nice sign the day you raise prices & be done with it!! Personally, I find it very presumptuous when clients walk in with their check made out already!

Comment

We do letters about every 2 years as well as having a sign posted 6 months in advance.

Comment

I always do a letter, I think it is not mandatory, but sort of a touch of class to take the time.

Comment

Working...
              X