Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Certificate of Completion vs. Certifed

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Certificate of Completion vs. Certifed

    Can anyone explain the difference? Does it differ for different areas of expertise?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Lacey33 View Post
    Can anyone explain the difference? Does it differ for different areas of expertise?
    I'm new to grooming so I'll answer your question as it relates to my past occupation. I am a Certified Construction Estimator. I took a 2 day exam (twice) that showed I had sound knowledge of commercial construction estimating. I taught estimating classes where the students received a "Certificate of Completion" for the course. I hope this answer helps.

    Brenda

    Comment


    • #3
      http://groomwise.typepad.com/groomin...it-really.html Explained very well right here by our own Particentral

      Comment


      • #4
        Thanks for the link, Cockerlvr. It was an interesting snd illuminating read.

        Comment


        • #5
          I get what Party is saying. Everyone has circumstances and that's why they make the decisions they do. I realize that an in person school is always the better option; just not viable for everyone including myself. Now that I am at the mentoring stage in the program, it sucks! They can't find anyone willing to mentor me. They say it's because all their sites already have people in them but I know it's because no one wants to take the liability issues not to mention if anything did happen their salon name would become mud. The bookwork was great. It taught me sooo much. Now if I can find a mentor. Now the reason I asked about certificate of completion is because I'm also taking a Canine Massage course from the same school. Signed up at the same time. I just get a certificate of completion. The course is really indepth in regards to anatomy. Hopefully in the next year or so I can afford to take a hands on Certified in person, Canine Massage course. For now I'm stuck waiting for a mentor . The good part is at least I'm getting some practice, although I'm sure I will pick up bad habits before getting help then I will have to backtrack, and listening, reading and looking at your grooms sure helps. There's also learn2groomdogs, groomer to groomer, shows etc. If anyone has words of wisdom let them fly. I'm all ears and eyes right now.

          Comment


          • #6
            Great post.

            Comment


            • #7
              I am glad you did this, do you know how many groomers I know that cannot explain this well??

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by TootsiePie View Post
                I am glad you did this, do you know how many groomers I know that cannot explain this well??
                Many, many, many.......Parti gives us a lot.
                Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Lacey33 Don't get discouraged!! I also made the choice to take and online grooming course. I work full time as a Vet tech and in now way have the option of quitting my job and going to an in lesson grooming school. I had an extremely hard time finding a mentor but I kept asking around and finally about three months into the school trying to find me a mentor I talked to a very well known groomer and she agreed to me for me. The hands on made it all click!! Keep your chin up and study/practice hard!! If our heart is in it no matter online or in person you will strive to be the best you can be


                  Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Good job parti.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Grooming farm girl View Post
                      Lacey33 Don't get discouraged!! I also made the choice to take and online grooming course. I work full time as a Vet tech and in now way have the option of quitting my job and going to an in lesson grooming school. I had an extremely hard time finding a mentor but I kept asking around and finally about three months into the school trying to find me a mentor I talked to a very well known groomer and she agreed to me for me. The hands on made it all click!! Keep your chin up and study/practice hard!! If our heart is in it no matter online or in person you will strive to be the best you can be


                      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Thank you Grooming Farm Girl. Even without a mentor I am grooming as many dogs as I can. They say practice makes perfect. I don't want perfect now, I want practice.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X