Music???`

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music???`

Does anyone play calming music or another type of music for the dogs in the salon?

I am sure many do, but I dont.....can't hear it over the dryer anyway and I like my salon quiet. .....music playing is my hubby's thing so I prefer my work time quiet.
    Ain't always easy to stand up for what is right.

Comment

I have the radio set to an easy listening station. I have about two dozen CDs ranging from Barry Manilow to classical to Carol King to dog ease ( scientifically created to put dogs at ease).
      And starting December 1 we will start with the Christmas music. The week of Christmas it's all Christmas music all the time, until then it's a mixture. I have technicians and vets coming into my salon area to relax when things get very stressful just because my music is peaceful. The only time it's really bad is when I try to sing along with it

Comment

I have my laptop set to Pandora..........I listen to "Spa Music", Ocean Music, Celtic Harp(beautiful) and several other "music only" stations. I started doing this last Christmas when I was given a laptop......I don't have to listen to news, or annoying commercials......just music......I have noticed my own stress level go way down and as a result some of my stressed out dogs have chilled out too. With Pandora.....you can pick what you love to listen too. My customers love the atmosphere in my shop and have commented on it too.

Comment

Classical music for the boarding dogs. And lavender scents...
          It helps.
          In the grooming area, we very seldom have music on, can't hear it because of the dryers.

Comment

Can believe 4them hasn't jumped in with her ipod playlists she is learning to make. We recently got Pandora and love it, but no intense music that might bother dogs. More soft and soothing.

Comment

Does anyone have the name of their favorite CD and online music for dogs. I've checked out Pandora already.

Comment

Our bathing drying room is sealed off. We can hear soft music everywhere throughout. The only thing we have to control is barking. Love it.

Comment

We listen to our NPR station of classical music. As Cyn said, we don't always hear it from dryer noises and barking, but when it's quite it is nice. Science had also shown that classical, especially violin concertos soothes pets.
                  http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/the...dogs-and-music
                  It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                  Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Naturally Furry View Post
                    We listen to our NPR station of classical music. As Cyn said, we don't always hear it from dryer noises and barking, but when it's quite it is nice. Science had also shown that classical, especially violin concertos soothes pets.
                    http://www.patriciamcconnell.com/the...dogs-and-music

What is NPR station?

Comment

I listen to audio books while I work. The readers have awesome voices and the dogs seem to relax and enjoy them along with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lacey33 View Post
                        What is NPR station?
                        NY Public Radio.
                        It's not what you look at that matters; it's what you see.
                        Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Okay, I feel kinda weird but depending on the breed of I listen to music from that country of origin. Grooming scotties is fun. I actually have one the owners took to scotland. We have long chats during the groom. Other times its a range. Always when I groom cats or a sedated pet its meditation music.

Comment

Originally posted by Dancingsaxes View Post
                            Okay, I feel kinda weird but depending on the breed of I listen to music from that country of origin. Grooming scotties is fun. I actually have one the owners took to scotland. We have long chats during the groom. Other times its a range. Always when I groom cats or a sedated pet its meditation music.
                            So what do you do for mixes? 95% if my clientele is mixes and usually just different versions of the same mix... And doesn't it get time consuming to change music channels?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a overhead screen that is connected with my front office computer complete with wireless keyboard, I will play ask kinds of music from chill dupstep to electronic on songza( free internet music). I also listen to movies on Netflix when working on a frustrating dog. Helps if your having a bad day.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X